Wait until the Cows come home.

Rizzo

I hope its a move by a Meijer outfit... even if it is Purple Cow. It's still another move by Meijer. It looks as if it could be a continual interest in the area. Just look at the location and it makes perfect sense. I just don't know why an ice creme shop would need to hire a pretty high caliber PR group to drum up word.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm drumming up free Word of Mouth for a cow -- for a cow. <_<

When I first read the article, my mind was "paint it purple." Then I searched for purple cows on the Internets to put a quirky twist on this thread -- cause we all know that when someone comes in and happens to post a photo it's pretty darn funny. Google showed me map of a Purple Cow location being downtown across from the convention center. I took that an ran with it. I don't remember that place being anywhere in downtown.

Seriously, the cow is a trick by the GRAM. What they are going to do is scrap the Art Museum and let grass grow to put the cows out to graze. Then at all corners they will post signs that read: "City Cattle, Grazing."

Meijer would make a killing with an urban core store. There is a hug gap between the 28th st / K'zoo store and the Alpine and Plainfeild stores north and south and and equally huge east and west gap between the Knapp Corner Meijer and the Standale Meijer. Plopping a Meijer store somwhere in the core would fill in a gaint hole in their coverage.

I hope its a move by a Meijer outfit... even if it is Purple Cow. It's still another move by Meijer. It looks as if it could be a continual interest in the area. Just look at the location and it makes perfect sense. I just don't know why an ice creme shop would need to hire a pretty high caliber PR group to drum up word.

Meijer would make a killing with an urban core store. There is a hug gap between the 28th st / K'zoo store and the Alpine and Plainfeild stores north and south and and equally huge east and west gap between the Knapp Corner Meijer and the Standale Meijer. Plopping a Meijer store somwhere in the core would fill in a gaint hole in their coverage.

Target is building vertical along with Home Depot just to name off stores I know off hand. Wal-Mart I believe is tenatively geting there feet wet with a Muilti-Story Wally-World in Atlanta, GA. Also look at IKEA and how big their stores are. To name an example, they have a massive multi-story facility next door to the Mall of America tipping the big-box scale at 300,000+ sq. ft. So if places like Target, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and IKEA among other big boxes can go multi-story so can Meijer.

Target's urban stores are in Minneapolis, Brooklyn, Los Angelous suburb of Van Nuys, the Chicago suburb of Oak Lawn, (under construction-- maybe Rizzo knows of this one), and planned for DT Sacramento. This makes me think Troy has a better shot at getting a DT Target over GR. Plus, I think that Home Depot's only urban stores are in Manhattan.

I don't see the density in downtown to support this amount of retail. Now if Meijer was introducing a smaller model of the store, maybe the size of a typical Walgreens, I could see that going DT and being successful.

Target's urban stores are in Minneapolis, Brooklyn, Los Angelous suburb of Van Nuys, the Chicago suburb of Oak Lawn, (under construction-- maybe Rizzo knows of this one), and planned for DT Sacramento. This makes me think Troy has a better shot at getting a DT Target over GR. Plus, I think that Home Depot's only urban stores are in Manhattan.

I don't see the density in downtown to support this amount of retail. Now if Meijer was introducing a smaller model of the store, maybe the size of a typical Walgreens, I could see that going DT and being successful.

Target's urban stores are in Minneapolis, Brooklyn, Los Angelous suburb of Van Nuys, the Chicago suburb of Oak Lawn, (under construction-- maybe Rizzo knows of this one), and planned for DT Sacramento. This makes me think Troy has a better shot at getting a DT Target over GR. ...

This cow thing is effing stupid. I'm willing to bet Seyferth gets more print from having that lame cow on the street than for their actual client.

Thursday will come around and it'll be some dumb press conf. about a new Maggie Moos.

I say durst.

This afternoon I saw the cow located on Fulton and Mt. Vernon on the south east corner of the GVSU's DT campus. Our Milker was facing East towards the river.

Nine chances out of ten., the cow's home will be a new yet to open coffee shop called "The Grinde" which is located on Fulton next door to Kinko's under the skywalk.

This afternoon I saw the cow located on Fulton and Mt. Vernon on the south east corner of the GVSU's DT campus. Our Milker was facing East towards the river.

Nine chances out of ten., the cow's home will be a new yet to open coffee shop called "The Grinde" which is located on Fulton next door to Kinko's under the skywalk.

Archived