Wait until the Cows come home.

Rizzo

McDonald's is doing something. I was making a bike delivery downtown around noon and at the bottom of Monroe Ctr by Two Choppers I got a card for a free gourmet coffee, and a card for a free cinna-something (only if I bought the coffee). I pointed out that there was no McDonald's REALLY close and they said "yeah there is, on Lake Michigan Drive!" (me: "huh?") "I mean on Lake Drive!" (me: "you mean on Michigan") "Yeah!" "But we don't even eat McDonald's"

Now that's great salesmanship, and totally off topic.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw two guys with McDonald's jackets on standing next to the cow, with a "McCafe" sign on the cow. That's it??? Your PR campaign can also backfire if the final reward is OH so much smaller than the buildup to it.

Why was Seyferth involved with a McDonald's project?

I saw two guys with McDonald's jackets on standing next to the cow, with a "McCafe" sign on the cow. That's it??? Your PR campaign can also backfire if the final reward is OH so much smaller than the buildup to it.

Why was Seyferth involved with a McDonald's project?

Seyferth does PR for the local McDonalds franchises. This was a local launch.

I can understand a good PR stunt, but at least tie it back to the product or the company. And if you have some punks on the street, at least get them to sell the stunt, honestly.

This was just unrewarding waste for everyone involved. If I were a GR McD's owner I'd be pissed.

Though the end result of this was a let down for many, I'm sure the PR company is happy with their results. I for one would have never known about McD's lattes if not for UP spreading the PR companys gimmick. I may never buy coffee from them but because or the PR companies gimmick I now know I can if I want to.

Some say any publicity is good publicity but when something peaks your interest and then you hear that McDonald's is getting into the f*cking specialty coffee game, it's such a let down that I think it actually does harm.

And other than Latte's having milk in them, I want to know how you bridge this mental gap? They should have put a stuffed Juan Veldez and his donkey out there.

That PR stunt was just plain stewpud.

Joe

All of that hype for something that pathetic? I don't quite know why, but I feel angry knowing that it was a promotion for McDonalds. While I don't eat there now, something like that would make me want to suggest to other people to not eat there.

You know what it is... waking up on Christmas morning and seeing a big box, something big enough for a brand new bike, all wrapped up with a bow on top... only to open it and find a pair of white socks. Something like that will give a person stories to tell their therapist for a decade.

Talk about a let down.

Getting people talking about it is one thing, getting people to buy the product is another. That's the difference between public relations and sales & marketing.

I'm with the other guys. An ad campaign may be "cute" and "unique", but if two minutes after you see or read it, you can't remember the product, or the connection to the product is lost, it's a failed ad campaign, IMO.

Archived