The skyline thread

Flash

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also seen a ton of New York plate down here recently. I hear we get an average of 65 people moving to Raleigh everyday, so I guess that would help explain such large numbers. To be honest I like the two taller towers. The tallest is simple but its got flash i think. The second tallest is sort of unique I think, but with the rest I would agree.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It is a different view of the skyline, but Google has updated their downtown Raleigh images.

It shows the convention center/hotel/west side access, RBC Plaza, 222 Glenwood and West at North under construction. It now shows the completed Palladium Plaza, land clearded out for the Edison, and the completed Carlton Place. From the cleared out Gordon Smith block and untouched Hue parking lot, the pictures were taken somewhere between mid May and early October. Due to work I did on my house, I can narrow the pictures' window down to before mid-August LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently driving around downtown and it looked like BB&T got a massive new sign on their tower.

I don't know if I'm losing my mind or what, but it was huge compared to what I remembered it as (even more disconcerting since I go downtown a lot).

Can anyone confirm this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Feb 25, 2008

Triangle skylines evolve

Matthew Eisley, Staff Writer

The News & Observer

571-reg-1874232-1206086.embedded.prod_affiliate.3.jpg

Picturing the Triangle isn't as easy as, say, picturing Atlanta, Richmond, Nashville or Charlotte.

The Triangle isn't just one place, one skyline. It's Raleigh-Durham-Cary-Chapel Hill and at least a dozen other towns sharing highways and hyphens.

Today, The News & Observer begins an occasional series that will assess significant new buildings as they open. With the series, Marvin Malecha, dean of N.C. State University's College of Design, will provide a design perspective.

Full article

http://www.newsobserver.com/2785/story/963096.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived