Lake Norman Urbanization and Projects

rjp212

Pretty cool, but so weird that this is in a way more urban than half the stuff that we see getting built within 2 miles of uptown (even though I know its all within a "lifestyle center" type package). Which tracts are currently moving forward as defined here? http://www.langtreea....com/plans.html I'm amazed that they're actually going to utilize the space between the onramp and I77.

Edited by nonillogical

• 1 month later...

The name Ethosphere is awful...I am sure it will be regretted within a few years. I always thought the name Epicenter for the uptown development was silly too. I am much more for normal names. Sometimes not trying too hard goes a lot further...Oh well, don't live at LKN and will probably never go to this center.

I don't know. Epicenter is literally "the" place in Charlotte. It's name is used so much, Itd be weird to call it anything but epicenter. But I agree. I hate the name ethosphere, I hate the name langtree, and I hate the name moorseville.lovely project

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I don't know. Epicenter is literally "the" place in Charlotte. It's name is used so much, Itd be weird to call it anything but epicenter. But I agree. I hate the name ethosphere, I hate the name langtree, and I hate the name moorseville.lovely project

I don't get it...you hate the name Langtree and you hate the name Mooresville?

I don't get it...you hate the name Langtree and you hate the name Mooresville?

He would probably prefer it if they called it: The place by the Highway and beside the body of water resulting from damn the river named after than Native American Tribe that is indigenous to the area. or TPBTHABTBOWRFDTRNATNATTIITTA for short.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So the plans for the Old Burlington Mills in Downtown Mooresville have changed over the years and is now a HUGE furniture store (really impressive if you haven't been).   The new owners are, however, trying to continue to redevelop it in a mixed use complex.   According to the Biz Journal, they are creating 82,000 sf of spec office space as well as other small uses.

It'd be nice to see a larger employment footprint in the Downtown.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/outside_the_loop/2013/03/merinos-owner-plans-spec-office-center.html

Been waiting for the red line for years... Kind of biased with my job in downtown Mooresville but I blame the stalled red line for killing Mooresville Mills, 100 Church St, and all the other failed downtown projects.

And, I'll be honest...I blame Mooresville and the Iredell County Commissioners for not supporting the Red Line. Everything seemed to be picking up steam for the line until both those entities refused to participate. The breaks went on soon after that. Now, do I think those two groups derailed the whole project? No. But, I do think they contributed. Certainly having another county and city within that county on board would have made a deeper impact in Raleigh. Also, the ridership numbers are grossly understated...but don't get me started on that.

• Like 2