Lake Norman Urbanization and Projects

rjp212

And, I'll be honest...I blame Mooresville and the Iredell County Commissioners for not supporting the Red Line. Everything seemed to be picking up steam for the line until both those entities refused to participate. The breaks went on soon after that. Now, do I think those two groups derailed the whole project? No. But, I do think they contributed. Certainly having another county and city within that county on board would have made a deeper impact in Raleigh. Also, the ridership numbers are grossly understated...but don't get me started on that.

Actually, I am pretty sure the town of Mooresville supports the Red Line.

Actually, I am pretty sure the town of Mooresville supports the Red Line.

Gotta side with jednc here... A few in power make the push but most people in the immediate area seem to think it would waste tax dollars... It's like they messed up all the stop lights downtown back in like 06 (to keep cars off the tracks) to get this thing in motion and then got cold feet. Result= slow growth. Now it takes 10 mins to drive 1 mile alone north/south down broad or main and there's still no commuter rail. :/

Edited by MilZ

The "tower" keeps getting larger. It's now suppose to be up to 16 stories, including two levels of retail, a few floors of office space, a bowling alley, yet-to-be-named hotel with conference center and high end residences.   They still need to get approval from Mooresville to allow for a variance in the town height limit (currently 12 stories) but are hoping for ground-breaking this summer.

Edited by rjp212

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ZTvtGqBUGeSnJ4N0dST1JSdEN5VEZFQTJkNlR5Zw/edit?pli=1

Just realized here they mentioned Langtree on slides 100 & 101... between the distance of that rail station and the plans to only run on weekdays, it hasn't looked like any rail plans could contribute to this Langtree night scene they'd like to see between the ethosphere, bars, and the ampitheater.  

Just for fun... I vote we build the Knights new stadium across the interstate on the penisula south of the Transco Pipeline facility overlooking the lake... That is after they relocate from Charlotte when the MLB team moves in :)

Dream Big Mooresville haha

Edited by MilZ

• 4 weeks later...

The "tower" keeps getting larger. It's now suppose to be up to 16 stories, including two levels of retail, a few floors of office space, a bowling alley, yet-to-be-named hotel with conference center and high end residences.   They still need to get approval from Mooresville to allow for a variance in the town height limit (currently 12 stories) but are hoping for ground-breaking this summer.

The "tower" shrunk again to avoid going through the city :(

http://www.huntersvilleherald.com/news/2013/4/12/6819/langtrees-ethosphere-represents-future-of-comfort

• 1 month later...

Not the "exciting" hotel brand I was hoping for, but the hotel/convention center will be a 227-room Doubletree.  It is the only full-service hotel north of Charlotte and will start construction later this summer.  I must say the rendering turned out much nicer than the place-setting they had previously.

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/mooresville_tribune/news/article_32fd33d4-ca41-11e2-a886-001a4bcf6878.html

51a92452194a7.image.jpg

Edited by rjp212

Not the "exciting" hotel brand I was hoping for, but the hotel/convention center will be a 227-room Doubletree.  It is the only full-service hotel north of Charlotte and will start construction later this summer.  I must say the rendering turned out much nicer than the place-setting they had previously.

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/mooresville_tribune/news/article_32fd33d4-ca41-11e2-a886-001a4bcf6878.html

51a92452194a7.image.jpg

I don't think that looks too bad at all. It's somewhat generic, but most buildings of this type are. It will add some height to the Lake Norman area, which I'm looking forward to. It looks like it's 14 stories in the back with floors 5 and 13 being slightly taller than the rest? Am I seeing that correctly?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...