101/111 Pearl

MadVlad

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

101 feel through due to construction costs. 111 is now being pegged as a boutique hotel instead of condos.

I'm tired of these buildings sitting empty as well. With the revitalization of Trumbull and Asylum taking place, Pearl Street needs to follow the trend so it doesn't get left behind.

I've always wondered how much it would cost to add on 10 or 15 floors to 101 Pearl. It would be an ideal location with the upper floors having incredible views of Bushnell park as well as the CBD.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I walked by these two places and think that they are very interesting building. I was wondering why they hadn't been snatched up sooner, but thought that perhaps it had to do with the parking situation. 111 Pearl street should do a skybridge to Trumbull on the Park's garage and share that. (I can't imagine it's full). Further, 101 Pearl should link into the Gold Building's garage (which I can't imagine that's full either). It's such a shame that 111 Pearl is not redeveloped!

Also, in the courant article this week it said 101 Pearl was held up because no development plans were filed with the city. Wasn't that a requirement of the bidding competition earlier in the year?

Archived