Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

101/111 Pearl

10 posts in this topic

I'm tired of these buildings being deserted. Something needs to happen to those buildings. Didn't the condos planned for 101 just fall through?

101 feel through due to construction costs. 111 is now being pegged as a boutique hotel instead of condos.

I'm tired of these buildings sitting empty as well. With the revitalization of Trumbull and Asylum taking place, Pearl Street needs to follow the trend so it doesn't get left behind.

I've always wondered how much it would cost to add on 10 or 15 floors to 101 Pearl. It would be an ideal location with the upper floors having incredible views of Bushnell park as well as the CBD.

Think how nice 10 floors of hotel and 15 floors of residential would be in that spot....

Think how nice 10 floors of hotel and 15 floors of residential would be in that spot....

Think how empty it would be. Then just be happy if the current building gets renovated at all.

Think how empty it would be. Then just be happy if the current building gets renovated at all.

Since I'm dredging up old threads on Pearl Street... With progress being made on 101, is there any news on the building next door? I can't see how a building on such a busy corner in the city could not have any plans for redevelopment.

Since I'm dredging up old threads on Pearl Street... With progress being made on 101, is there any news on the building next door? I can't see how a building on such a busy corner in the city could not have any plans for redevelopment.

It is my understanding that whatever was planned has fallen through.

Last I heard was was that the city owns it and was putting it out to bid some time after 95 gets started.

I walked by these two places and think that they are very interesting building. I was wondering why they hadn't been snatched up sooner, but thought that perhaps it had to do with the parking situation. 111 Pearl street should do a skybridge to Trumbull on the Park's garage and share that. (I can't imagine it's full). Further, 101 Pearl should link into the Gold Building's garage (which I can't imagine that's full either). It's such a shame that 111 Pearl is not redeveloped!

Also, in the courant article this week it said 101 Pearl was held up because no development plans were filed with the city. Wasn't that a requirement of the bidding competition earlier in the year?