Why No Dessertery in Charlotte?

I just want a good ice cream place that makes their own ice cream and has extravagant dishes. A place that specializes in just ice cream. As hot as it is down here I think one uptown would make a killing.

Something like this place I went to on my trip to Germany this summer. The ice cream was amazing, and all the selections were decorated, some very elaborate.

medium.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while i do often submit to my sweet tooth, i gotta say... what i really want in this town is a place to get fresh gelato. there was a DOLCE GELATO in dilworth, which we loved... but they closed that down. now, whenever the gelato craving kicks in i have to weep over a cup of haagen dazs. the pistachio gelato @ DOLCE was a preview of heaven....

my wife likes tiramisu... she swears by MAMA RICOTTA's version.

• 2 months later...

For someone not looking to promote something you sure gave us enough links for it. Welcome to the forum, but please review our rules. I wish you luck in your endeavors. Can you please tell me what "homemade" ice cream means when it comes to a business that would sell it?

Also in general I hope any of the desserteries would take the time and trouble to learn how to make and sell good coffee. Often when they do have good deserts, this aspect is petty lacking with the coffee being a little better than the battery acid that one would find in a fast food place that has been sitting in a pot all day. It has been said there is no good retail coffee to be had in Charlotte (on coffee forums) and I tend to believe it. (a good start would be no drip coffee machines)

Archived