Election Prediction Game

TheBostonian

As for the 9/11, he was a hero, not just some bum who stood by. Thousands of people looked to him for leadership during the worst terrorist attack in US history. The firefighters did not hear the warnings to get out of the buildings partly because of a technical issue. Many of the sources of technology failed everyone that day. Cell phone lines were jammed because just about everyone who knew someone in NYC was trying to call, the radio and cell towers that were on top of the towers were no longer in operation, and the overall confusion of the situation led to the deaths of many heroic people. But to say that Rudy was responsible for their death is like saying that Roosevelt was responsible for Pearl Harbor.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bloomberg has announced he's leaving the republican party. so whadiya think? is he going to make a third party bid for el presidente or is he just realizing his ideals didn't mesh with the GOP? this could get interesting... personally i don't think he'll run this go around, but he is setting the stage for the future? the question is: will he run as an independent or libertarian or other?

I hope he runs this year and from what I have been reading, he will. Remember how many times Hillary said she wasn't running? This is the game all politicians play; it's a way to keep their name in the press without having to explain their platform.

He needs to stay out of the race long enough to not become boring, ala Obama. However he needs to get in the race in time to fight off all the attacks that will come his way from both sides and then be able to rebound with a strong finish. If I were advising him, I would say to enter the race around September. At that point all the other candidates will have beaten each other to a pulp, then steps in the savior, or so he will be seen. Chris Mathews is already kissing his butt and I believe the rest of the non-Fox media will be doing the same.

bloomberg has announced he's leaving the republican party. so whadiya think? is he going to make a third party bid for el presidente or is he just realizing his ideals didn't mesh with the GOP? this could get interesting... personally i don't think he'll run this go around, but he is setting the stage for the future? the question is: will he run as an independent or libertarian or other?

He just rose a few notches in my book by abandoning the national GOP which has become a horrible collection of people that represent all that is bad about America. My guess is that Rudy and Obama are starting to sweat bullets about this.

Interesting.....I don't know a ton about him, but from what little I know and have seen on here, he could get my vote.....like most of America, I'd be nervous about "throwing my vote away" on a third party, so he going to somehow get the press believing that he can win. That was the problem with Perot, the press was never convinced that he had a chance.

That will only happen if the electoral college is eliminated and we go with the popular vote. The smaller states won't stand for it. Barring that, then the states need to assign electoral votes proportionally instead of the winner take all system that we have now.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL, another one bites the dust. Sen. David Vitter arch-conservative GOP senator from Louisiana, has been found to have been one of the DC Madam's customers and now Vitter is sorry, saved and ready to be forgiven having cited his religion several times in the apology. Funny how he only came out once caught. Even though he is a leader in the party of "moral values" it would seem there is nothing really new or unusual about this except......

Vitter is also the Southern Chair for Guiliani's presidential election campaign. Most likely, this isn't welcome news for Guiliani. :P

Vitter was one of the sponsors of the Marriage Protection Act. Seems to me that he might start by protecting his own marriage by keeping it zipped up except for his wife. What an example. Wonder when Vitter will step down?

Well put, Justadude. I'd never thought of it that way.

Politics aside, I don't like the idea of a Bush I, Clinton I, Bush the Terrible, and Clinton II chronology of leaders. It's too much like what this nation's founders were trying to avoid.

Archived