Ghosts, Hauntings, The Paranormal

Recchia

I was wondering what people's opinions were on the existence of ghosts and hauntings, etc. Personally, I thought they were all a load of crap and would never ever expect to see anything paranormal in my lifetime, until about a week ago.

A friend and I were walking around at night through Pawtuxet, RI (an old colonial village 5 miles south of Providence) with my camera and we came across a historic cemetery and decided to take pictures of some of the gravestones. The pictures all came out on my digital camera, but then something weird happened. Three pictures, with time and date stamps matching the time we were in the cemetery, showed up on my camera, all of a blurry face with its mouth open up close. We were both freaked out, so I shut my camera off and then turned it back on and all three pictures were gone. Then, the next day, the face showed up again, with the same date/time stamp as before.

I was afraid to load the pictures onto my computer because I was totally freaked out, so I just ignored my camera for a few days. Then last night, I turned it on, only to find the face picture was gone, but in its place, with the same exact date/time stamp, was a black and white picture of a girl in a graveyard holding a light. I almost sh!t myself. The girl looks like Cher kinda, only younger and a little freakier.

There's absolutely no way someone could be playing a trick on me, especially given there is no way to edit the date/time of a picture on my camera after the picture is taken. I'm going to try and load the pic onto my computer later today and I'll post it here if it comes out.

So has anyone had similar experiences ever, or should I be admitting myself?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was a picture of Cher when she was doing that video for "If I Could Turn Back Time," then yes I would be very afraid.... :)

But yes I believe in ghosts. I come from a family of people who believe in ghosts, have seances, play with Oijua boards, and just pretty much do stuff that would freak anybody out. But I've seen things and I do believe they're real. You know, Catholics believe in Purgatory, which is just a middle state of purification between here and heaven. You almost wonder if the ghosts we see are the spirits of the past being purified before their entry........................... :shok:

Of course, I also believe in UFOs. I've seen them. I saw one hovering above West Lake Country Club in Augusta once (I had secretly hoped it was going to be like Independence Day and shoot that green stuff down, but to no avail, West Lake is still here even today :( )

Please post those pictures!!!!!

post the pics!!! i wanna see cher in a graveyard. was it like the witches of eastwick?

I'm going to Walgreens on my lunch break with a coworker to try and print out the pic and get it on CD cause I don't have my USB cable and can't wait til I get home...

I actually started a thread here in The Coffee House a few months back called 'the paranormal' or something like that. I'm very much a believer, even though I have no concrete evidence of any of my experiences. Is it a ghost or is there a logical explanation? Who knows, but if it can't be explained it's termed "paranormal" and should be investigated thoroughly. Your experience is awesome, and I'm very interested in seeing the photos.

I actually started a thread here in The Coffee House a few months back called 'the paranormal' or something like that. I'm very much a believer, even though I have no concrete evidence of any of my experiences. Is it a ghost or is there a logical explanation? Who knows, but if it can't be explained it's termed "paranormal" and should be investigated thoroughly. Your experience is awesome, and I'm very interested in seeing the photos.

There is absolutely no way to explain this at all. I've had the camera in my posession since then so there's no way someone could have deleted the old face pictures and somehow faked this latest one. Plus, the time/date on the latest photo exactly matches one of the pics I had taken of a gravestone. Weird sh!t!

I'm off to see if I can print this pic!

There is absolutely no way to explain this at all. I've had the camera in my posession since then so there's no way someone could have deleted the old face pictures and somehow faked this latest one. Plus, the time/date on the latest photo exactly matches one of the pics I had taken of a gravestone. Weird sh!t!

I'm off to see if I can print this pic!

And the fact that you can't explain it makes it that much more intriguing. I love ghost pictures. :D

Ughh, I HATE my roomate! I got the pic developed at Walgreens, and noticed on the printout that the pic ends completely about a millimeter from the top! Then I did a quick google image search of "graveyard ghost" and up came the exact same picture on some website (http://members.fortunecity.com/graveyard/ghost.bmp), so obviously, my clever roomate snapped the photo on the computer screen and somehow changed the time to match my other graveyard pictures. I'm gonna beat the crap outta him tonight!

I wonder what he used for the original three face pictures, can't find those online anywhere!

Atleast I know I'm not crazy now...

Ughh, I HATE my roomate! I got the pic developed at Walgreens, and noticed on the printout that the pic ends completely about a millimeter from the top! Then I did a quick google image search of "graveyard ghost" and up came the exact same picture on some website (http://members.fortunecity.com/graveyard/ghost.bmp), so obviously, my clever roomate snapped the photo on the computer screen and somehow changed the time to match my other graveyard pictures. I'm gonna beat the crap outta him tonight!

I wonder what he used for the original three face pictures, can't find those online anywhere!

Atleast I know I'm not crazy now...

:rofl: :rofl:

You REALLY thought you'd captured that phony-looking apparition?

Seriously, I was kind of hoping you'd had a real experience. But at least this got the believer in you wondering if there really could be such things as spirits.

That's too bad about your pic not being real. I certainly believe in ghosts. I haven't had any experiences myself but I know many people who have. I actually am a member of P.R.I.S.M.- Paranormal Research in Southeast Michigan. No we don't just wander around trying to experiences things. We are similar to the TAPS group on the T.V. show Ghost Hunters. We attempt to debunk activity and have various things that may tell us of paranormal activity in a certain place. I have many pics with orbs in them.

That's too bad about your pic not being real. I certainly believe in ghosts. I haven't had any experiences myself but I know many people who have. I actually am a member of P.R.I.S.M.- Paranormal Research in Southeast Michigan. No we don't just wander around trying to experiences things. We are similar to the TAPS group on the T.V. show Ghost Hunters. We attempt to debunk activity and have various things that may tell us of paranormal activity in a certain place. I have many pics with orbs in them.

Zach's post reminds me...

TOMORROW NIGHT: TAPS will reveal the results of their 6-hour live Halloween episode. THAT was an awesome show and it looks like they had a LOT of experiences!!

:rofl: :rofl:

You REALLY thought you'd captured that phony-looking apparition?

Seriously, I was kind of hoping you'd had a real experience. But at least this got the believer in you wondering if there really could be such things as spirits.

I swear it looked so real on the screen of my digital camera! I'm kinda glad it wasn't real, now I can sleep at night again lol.

Don't forget, paranormal fans: Ghost Hunters TONIGHT at 8pm Central.

The guys will reveal the results of Halloween night's live 6-hour show. I'm ready for this one! :D They had lots of data to comb over that people were sending in while watching the live feeds online. I didn't realize it was live on the internet until I was watching it a few days later. I was so mad, because I wanted to watch it online. You can see more of the cameras than what they were showing on TV.

• 1 month later...

A friend that I've had since childhood has a haunted basement. I remember hearing all these stories when I was little about ghosts in her basement and I never really believed it (although you're more willing to believe when you're down there alone).

Anyway, a few of us were sitting around about a week ago talking and she brought up that she thinks there's a ghost because the ghost would ring the windchimes down there all the time at random times and the dog would freak out.

We are always a bit silly, so I started suggesting that the ghost is probably just pissed off at the world because he had a weird name or something and no one liked him because of it.. so we were coming up with names that he could be named.

Later that night, when my friend and her husband were getting ready for bed they heard a very sharp voice that said in a scornful tone "It's JOHN!" And the dog ran upstairs. (they were home from California visiting.. they don't just live in their parents basement).

That really creeped my friend's husband out, and he didn't want to be down there anymore.. and we're talking about a Marine here.

I've never had a paranormal encounter, but I had a scary experience last September. I had just arrived in Austria, and was the first of a group of 20 to get there, so I was prepared to spend my first night alone in the Priesterhaus (Priest house), a 300 year old building owned by the church that they rent out to university study-abroad programs. You walked into the door (this was a very old oak door with a peak-hole in it that you could open), and you were in a hallway with stone stairs to your left, and a stone floor with several rooms on the left and right. There were stairs going up and down. The stairs going down had a cast-iron gate door with some material over it so you couldn't see down there. The passage down smelled like mildew. At the bottom there was a small stone/brick passage way that ended abruptly with a brick wall that had been built rather recently (i mean, in the past 50 years). In it was a hole just big enough to get your hand into.

There was a draft coming out of the hole that smelled horribly like mildew.. I was a bit freaked out by it, so I chose a bedroom upstairs that was a bit cozier (The rooms were all newly remodelled with new furniture, etc.).

Anyway, after having been up so long, I fell asleep around 7pm after going out and exploring the city a bit. I get easily freaked out by ghosts and stuff, and being my first night alone in a 300 year old building, I was a bit on edge. That night was really odd. The door to my bedroom was new, but it was mostly glass, so I could see into the hallway. I remember hearing a distinct knocking noise periodically throughout the night and of course I immediately recognized it as cast iron banging on stone. My rationalization was that the draft was causing the door to 'flap' in the wind, but I hadn't noticed it until, of course, the sun was down and I was in bed. Luckily, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep. At around midnight, I woke up again because I heard the knocking again. I was freaked out because at some point the light in the hallway had turned off. I was also freaked out because I had a weird shaped burn right on my knuckle and it hurt really bad.

Too afraid to even get out of bed, I just put the pillow over my head and dozed off again.

I awoke around 9 the next morning only to find that another guy from the group had arrived late in the evening and had turned hte light off because it was shining into his room. I don't know where I got that burn though.. it was nasty too.. blistered and left a faint scar...

Another creepy thing was being in the main church in Salzburg and going down to the crypts. Down there were the foundations to the original chruch that they had simply built over when they rebuilt the church in the 1600s. In one corner where some of the old foundations meet the wall, there was a hole. I dared one of my friends to reach in there just for fun, and when he did he shreaked and pulled his hand out... because he felt something.

Well, all it was, was a piece of paper.. but the piece of paper was like a computer printout for a missing woman from Kentucky. What this was doing in a small hole in the corner of a crypt in a church in Salzburg, Austria, I have no idea... we were really creeped out.

The History Network ran a show recently about UFOs that focussed on the Japanese Dragon's Triangle, an area of ocean where the bizzare is even more bizzare than the Bermuda Triangle. The two famous areas share the same latitude.

Turns out even more ships, boats, planes, jets, and subs are sunk and disappear there than the Bermuda Triangle. The first modern drawing of a UFO was made in the 1850s by Japanese who had reportedly seen a round silvery craft come out of the water at Tokyo Bay.

Admiral Perry, who sailed through the Dragon's Triangle on his way to enter Japan in the 1850s had an encounter with a UFO. Admiral Perry wrote of it in his log. Amelia Earhardt disappeared there, as have hundreds of other craft over the centuries. Arthur Godfrey, a famous TV personality who also enjoyed flying, flew over the Triangle in the 1950s and encountered a UFO.

Also noteworthy, the show explored so called USOs---Unidentified Submerged Objects. Many ships have reported that enormous saucer shaped discs come roaring out of the ocean and hover over the ships, then zip away in a second flat.

Time loss is common among ships passing through. Planes as well. Ghost ships, where there isn't a single crew or cargo aboard, are found floating occassionally.

The show surmissed that perhaps UFO bases might be on the ocean floors of the two areas. They share the distinction of having some of the deepest waters of the world's oceans.

Here's a couple of good USO stories:

1) A ship was in the Caribbean doing some reseacrch on sea life in the trench near Cuba. They had a microphone lowered a few thousand feet down and recorded tapping. It later turned out to be the formula for pressure at a given depth.

2) There's a navy range off FL that they use to calibrate the sonar for subs and surface ships. A sub was being calibrated and tracked and object with twin screws going over 100mph at a depth of around 500 feet.

I've always felt that Florida's Gulf Coast (panhandle) has so many UFO sightings because it's near a major military installation. In fact most sightings are around bases. The military's R & D understandably has to be secret, so the government can't admit anything when multitudes of UFOs are seen over Gulf Breeze.

Same with the famous Phoenix lights case of recent years. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from an air force base. The military said it didn't see anything on radar or by sight. Of course they say that--it has to be kept secret or our enemies will gain valuable information to use against us.

And of course UFOs are going to be seen en mass around Area 51--it's an R & D facility after all:)

Of course there are lots and lots of sightings that are not near military bases. I find the sightings in Brussels to be some of the most interesting cases--- Belgium is certainly a hot spot of UFO activity. Entire police departments have tracked large triangular shaped craft that hover silently. Whole villages have seen them and reported them, as they glide soundless to the next village.

Good question. Though I don't think there are Scooby Doo white sheet ghosts floating around going "Boo!", I have gotten very unerving vibes from some houses I lived in. For instance, in the basment of a Chicago town house I called home I always felt that somthing very bad happened down there esp. in the space between the furnace and water heater. Then in certain parts of my first GR home I always felt like somebody was standing behind me even though nobody was really there. Called it ghosts, spirits, or what have you, I do believe there is more than meets the eye when it comes to the peranormal.

I've always felt that Florida's Gulf Coast (panhandle) has so many UFO sightings because it's near a major military installation. In fact most sightings are around bases. The military's R & D understandably has to be secret, so the government can't admit anything when multitudes of UFOs are seen over Gulf Breeze.

Same with the famous Phoenix lights case of recent years. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from an air force base. The military said it didn't see anything on radar or by sight. Of course they say that--it has to be kept secret or our enemies will gain valuable information to use against us.

And of course UFOs are going to be seen en mass around Area 51--it's an R & D facility after all:)

Of course there are lots and lots of sightings that are not near military bases. I find the sightings in Brussels to be some of the most interesting cases--- Belgium is certainly a hot spot of UFO activity. Entire police departments have tracked large triangular shaped craft that hover silently. Whole villages have seen them and reported them, as they glide soundless to the next village.

I grew up next to Barksdale Air Force Base, a large base near Shreveport. I actually live a few miles to the east of the base now, just in another town. But anyway, as a teenager I watched a saucer-shaped object fly into view. It sat there for a couple of seconds, and zipped off into nothing. By the time I mentioned it to the people I was with, it was long gone and they thought I was crazy. Even the adult couple that was with us thought I was nuts, and the man was in the Air Force!!

My next-door neighbor tests experimental aircraft and he never tells me anything about it, just that he gets to test some really cool stuff that the public will likely never see or hear about.

The insomniac I am, I spent last night enjoying surfing UFO sites. I learned quite a bit. I wish every devotee of alien craft visiting earth could see this site:

thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/ufo_et.htm

Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and see saucer craft scientists around the world were working on as early as 1934! And I mean they are some impressive craft for sure. They are 100% look alikes to what our culture has come to envision what extraterrestrial ships "look like".

To me this clears up the Roswell question once and for all. There were plenty of flying saucers at the time (made by man) that were being tested. The craft that reportedly crashed at Roswell looked identical to what scientists throughout the West were working on. See the pics for yourself. Fantastic stuff.

But through it all I want so badly to believe:) heehee

Archived