• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Proposal 5 - Mandatory School Funding

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's amazing to me...hanging out with a certain political party for the last few months, I did not need a cheat sheet for my absentee ballot. In fact, I have met most of the candidates. (Had to look up info only on the school funding proposal.) I highly recommend absentee voting!

Last night, at the street celebration thrown by said party, various folks were distributing stickers to wear and signs to hold. I kept saying, "I already voted for [candidate]." The Supreme Court one thanked me profusely.

Can't help but wonder what the party would have been like for The Others. Ours was rockin' and bluesing and Motowning.

There were no electronic voting machines at either polling location I went to. The first was on Jefferson, but I was told I had to vote down on Franklin even though my voting location was on Jefferson 2 years ago. I still haven't updated my registration to my new address.

I voted Libertarian for all the university trustees for 2 reasons: 1) I have no idea who the candidates are so it would be slightly uninformed to vote for anybody, and 2) the Libertarians won't win so my vote is essentially a non-vote but it does support my general Libertarian (liberal in the classical sense, like both Republicans and Democrats claim to be but aren't) leanings. In elections that matter I tend to vote Republican out of practicality, though I did vote for Michael Sak (a Democrat) for state representative.

-nb

Archived