Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Did you have to wait in line to vote?

Did you have to wait in Line to vote?   22 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have to wait in Line to vote?

• No wait was less than 5 minutes
    • Yes there were lines longer than 5 minutes
    • Early voted
    • Don't vote or will not vote

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

No waiting for me.

Also liked the new "touch screen" electronic voting machines. No problems experienced with them either.

My wife and I waited about 15 minutes to vote this morning at about 8:30.

We also had the new touch screens at Midwood Baptist where we voted, and I must say they are more user friendly and still provide a paper trail.

Almost no wait at all. I waited until after the lunch time rush and before the evening commute, it worked out.

The 1 hour wait I faced after work last year, was enough to get me to do the "early voting" this time. Whatta snap. Why didn't we think of that 100 years ago?

Waited a little while but not as bad as - by any stretch of the imagination - 2004 but longer than I've waited in a mid-term election. I hope it doesn't mean the Right was successful in getting out their vote... :ph34r:

After watching the Voting Machine documentry on HBO last week I checked that printout after every vote I made to make sure it was correct....and well it was. I feel very comfortable with the machines we have in Mecklenburg County.

I waited approx. 15 minutes. A steady stream of voters were coming and going during my time there. Nice to see.

Here at UNCG, there was no line really, however they said by 6:30 when I went to go vote, there was a better than expected turn out and about 200 voters had come already.

I went and voted at my precinct (9) at 8:30 and was third in line and waited a little longer than five minutes. I then took my grandfather to his precinct (57) at 9:45 and it took us almost an hour. The line was long and got longer while we were there.

At 9, I took my kids and they helped me vote, much to the amusement of the poll judges.

At 57, one of four machines was not operational. The vast majority of the voters at 57 were very slow using the machines which quite probably exacerbated the problem. There was one couple that split a machine for 30 minutes easily. One of the poll judges appeared to be visibly relieved when we were in and out on our machine in way less than three minutes.

No wait. The only delay was the the volunteer didn't know second-letter alphabetization, so looked through the entire section for me one by one. I was patient, though. (Dumbass :) )

I really liked the new electronic machines with the printouts. It was the easiest voting system I've used to date. The only thing was I wanted something flashier after I clicked the final cast ballot button (or whatever it said). I was kind of hoping for the cards to cascade like when you win solitaire on the computer or something.

No wait. The only delay was the the volunteer didn't know second-letter alphabetization, so looked through the entire section for me one by one. I was patient, though. (Dumbass :) )

I really liked the new electronic machines with the printouts. It was the easiest voting system I've used to date. The only thing was I wanted something flashier after I clicked the final cast ballot button (or whatever it said). I was kind of hoping for the cards to cascade like when you win solitaire on the computer or something.

I waited about 20 minutes or so after work and I was the 1600th person to vote at my precinct. When I left the line was even longer, so it looks like there were a lot of people coming out to vote.

no wait here. it took me longer to vote in this thread.... and no printout.

* i do love the new voting machines.

It took me 5 minutes from the time I walked in to the time I left. Very easy and the new machines were nice. Even nicer was knowing that I helped Parks hold on to his job!