Did you have to wait in line to vote?

monsoon

Did you have to wait in Line to vote?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have to wait in Line to vote?

• No wait was less than 5 minutes
    • Yes there were lines longer than 5 minutes
    • Early voted
    • Don't vote or will not vote

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went and voted at my precinct (9) at 8:30 and was third in line and waited a little longer than five minutes. I then took my grandfather to his precinct (57) at 9:45 and it took us almost an hour. The line was long and got longer while we were there.

At 9, I took my kids and they helped me vote, much to the amusement of the poll judges.

At 57, one of four machines was not operational. The vast majority of the voters at 57 were very slow using the machines which quite probably exacerbated the problem. There was one couple that split a machine for 30 minutes easily. One of the poll judges appeared to be visibly relieved when we were in and out on our machine in way less than three minutes.

No wait. The only delay was the the volunteer didn't know second-letter alphabetization, so looked through the entire section for me one by one. I was patient, though. (Dumbass :) )

I really liked the new electronic machines with the printouts. It was the easiest voting system I've used to date. The only thing was I wanted something flashier after I clicked the final cast ballot button (or whatever it said). I was kind of hoping for the cards to cascade like when you win solitaire on the computer or something.

No wait. The only delay was the the volunteer didn't know second-letter alphabetization, so looked through the entire section for me one by one. I was patient, though. (Dumbass :) )

I really liked the new electronic machines with the printouts. It was the easiest voting system I've used to date. The only thing was I wanted something flashier after I clicked the final cast ballot button (or whatever it said). I was kind of hoping for the cards to cascade like when you win solitaire on the computer or something.

Archived