Christmas in Grand Rapids

michaelskis

I have noticed the decorations on one of the parking decks are already up (as of this past Sunday) and I am sure that there will be more to come. What are some of the places in the area that in the past have had the best Christmas Decorations? Do you think that they will put them up again?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed the decorations on one of the parking decks are already up (as of this past Sunday) and I am sure that there will be more to come. What are some of the places in the area that in the past have had the best Christmas Decorations? Do you think that they will put them up again?

HH and Eastown, now those neighborhoods are a decoration on Metro GR.

I loved the strolls I'd take with my mom and sister. It was a perfect snow, the lights glistening, the decorations, the smell of apple cinnamon. The air was crisp, clear and still. When you looked about, the snow seemed to amplify the sounds, smells, and light just perfect. It's the kind of thing where you just take a deep breath and realize it's going to be ok.

I've always wanted to bring my girlfriend down to my aunts house and take a tour through the neighborhood. Everyone should experience the E/SE side once and a while during the season.

I just remembered: there's a Solstice Concert on Dec. 21. Someone told me about how great it was, so last year I looked it up. And it was.

Last year was held at Trinity Lutheran (?) on Lake, just up the street from Eastown. The church had set up a labyrinth in the gym, and you could walk that prior to the concert.

Archived