Speculative Office tower PLEASE!

rockhilljames

NVQ says he has heard that the Westin Phase II building will be residential and office space and will be proceeding soon. I had seen their office marketing step up, and recently repost this tower on a contractor bidding site, which indicates it is still alive.

I know one of the more recent plans of 300 S. Tryon included about 300,000 sq. ft. of office space, and several other forumers and sources have confirmed this rumor. This was last spring, so I don't know if the scope has changed, but if the baseball deal is approved, I believe that this tower will be announced shortly thereafter.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just realize there are some things that can be said and others that can't due to NDA's (Non Disclosure Agreements). This info is some that I recieved from a VERY reliable source. I don't question what I was told, but just believe it to be true from the source.

2010 will be the year that the Charlotte skyline will be totally different than what it is today.

I just want everyone to be excited.

A2

Just realize there are some things that can be said and others that can't due to NDA's (Non Disclosure Agreements). This info is some that I recieved from a VERY reliable source. I don't question what I was told, but just believe it to be true from the source.

2010 will be the year that the Charlotte skyline will be totally different than what it is today.

I just want everyone to be excited.

A2

Even if it doesn't change all that much from what is shown on the conceptual renderings we're seeing now, I'm pretty happy with it. Besides, it doesn't look like it's a straight box shape, anyway. I don't know if it's my imagination, but the side of the glass facing the hotel seems to curve out subtlely as it rises. They may (and hopefully will) include some similar geometric subtleties in other places. Something simple, unique, and elegant would be great, and it looks like we'll get at least 2 out of 3.

Hopefully they'll end up deciding to include street retail on the College side, though. I would be truly baffled if they didn't, especially if they do in fact end up revamping Founders' Hall to have it across the street. That just wouldn't make sense. Why would they NOT put street retail in the new building only to redesign and rebuild a building that's already there to have it right across the street?

Archived