Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

Imagine Richland 2020 Comprehensive Plan

10 posts in this topic

This sidebar was included in the article about the Decker/Woodfield Park revitalization. I don't think we have a thread about a comprehensive Richland County plan, so I just started a new thread.

On March 1, 2005, Richland County Council authorized master plans for 10 areas. The cost of the 10 plans

I'm fairly new to Columbia. Would anyone care to outline where these neighborhoods/areas are?

I'll let an actual resident do the honors, as I'm not familiar with all of the areas myself. :)

I'll let an actual resident do the honors, as I'm not familiar with all of the areas myself. :)

^Shoot, I've lived here off and on since 1966 an I have no idea where they are either!

crane creek is up Fairfield road past I-20 (Crane Creek/Crane Forest, Lincolnshire areas)

Candlewood sounds familiar, but I can't place it

No idea where Spring Hill

^ thats what I was thinking..Off of Leesburg/Caughman Rd area.

I guess this best fits here.

Looks like Richland County officials are getting serious about controlling growth.

At its annual retreat last week, council members identified two goals for the coming year that could help them better manage growth in a county that 3,500 new residents are making their home each year: