My President

nashscan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that he just lost both houses of congress due to his sorry horrible record, I would say that you are in the minority with this notion. Close to a million dead in his wars, he has borrowed more money than all previous 42 presidents combined, ignored all intelligence that could have stopped 9/11, and ruined the excellent Clinton economy, I would say he is one of, if not the worst president ever of the United States.

Right now. I can even phathom how anybody could think that Bush is a good president. Look at the mess this country is in. Stalled war in Iraq, loss of jobs to places like China, shrinking middle class, illegals cacading into this nation like Noah's flood, up to our eyeballs in debt, and on and on. Is Bush a great president? Sorry. That's a giant "N-O" spelled in big bold bright red letters. Mr. Bush is an egomaniacal, incompetant fool that has single handedly rendered this great nation into the laughing stalk of the entire world and has buried this country in such a mess that I nore my young neices and nephew may not live long enough to see recover from.

Thanks Mr. Bush. You're such a great president. :sick:

I agree with you guys on most of the charges*, but I feel I must mention that we didn't have a surplus under Clinton. Let's stop using that myth. They accomplished a surplus by tricky accounting; partly by using Social Security trust funds which allowed money to be spent but kept off the books, it was spent but not recorded as a liability.

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdhisto4.htm

Look at the numbers for total debt outstanding. It increased under Clinton, in no year did it plateau or decrease. That said, the debt under the Clinton administration was much better managed than it has been under Bush II.

Between 1993 and 2000, the total debt grew by 1.263 Trillion

Between 2001 and 2005, the total debt grew by 2.125 Trillion

* aside from the surplus talk, and the "loss of jobs to places like China, shrinking middle class" hysteria.

It just kills me with the balanced budget talk. "We hope to have a balanced budget by 2010." Yeah right. And what does that even prove anyway? That's like me announcing to the people I owe money to that it's okay, because in five years I'll be able to stop borrowing.

Having been a Bush #2 fan for a long time and having come from a republican family and voting an almost straight republican ticket in the past, even I am wanting new blood in the White House. Unfortunately with the last election I feel we didn't have much of a choice between Kerry and Bush to turn this country around so I'm looking forward to having two brand new options in 2008.

Here's to hoping a good person stands up for the country and actually says what they're going to do rather than tell people just what they want to hear. :alc: That goes for government officials at all levels, national and local.

Is it just me or is this thread going along party lines as ususal? I for one am sick an tired of both parties. I just want elected officals in all levels of government to represent the people for a change! Republicans and Demacrats fail misserably at to doing so.

The last line of my post wasn't aimed at you directly. I was commenting on the "blame Clinton for all society's ills" tendency of much of the right. No, Clinton wan't perfect, but really, he's been out of power for six years now. He can only be held so responsible for today's issues, and the current administration has had more than enough time to clean up any messes they inherited.

Is it just me or is this thread going along party lines as ususal? I for one am sick an tired of both parties. I just want elected officals in all levels of government to represent the people for a change! Republicans and Demacrats fail misserably at to doing so.

Shrub (as Elizabeth Dole donned him in the 2000 primaries) is the most extreme case of nepotism this country has ever seen. He hasn't earned anything in his life - he didn't get into Yale or Harvard on his own merit, he never succeeded in business on his own, so why should anyone have expected him to succeed as President. If anything, since he's been a failure in all of his previous ventures in life, he has lived up to my expectations of him - that he would be the worst president ever.

I think its extremely unfortunate that George W became president, as the country will most likely miss out on a quaility candidate, his brother Jeb. I believe that Jeb could've brought a lot to the oval office, however, after George W, I dont see another Bush obtaining office after what George W has done so far.

Anyway, I find the "shrub" nickname posted above, humorous :)

Indeed. Lets keep in mind that Bush really didn't have to run in the 2000 primary as he was pre-ordained by the GOP leadership to win. Most of the other candidates were told to get out and his only serious challenge came from McCain who was absolutely castigated publicly by the GOP machinery. They even smeared McCain's wife to keep him from winning the primary which pretty much ended for him early in the campaign by his big loss in SC.

What is disappointing about McCain is he recently got into bed with these people to try to win enough favor to make a serious bid for the 2008 election. He started to sound more like Bush than McCain over the last 12 months which says he really isn't a man of principles as he has claimed. It will be interesting to see how fast he tries to shed this image he has built now that the GOP/Bush has been thoroughly rejected by the voters.

Archived