My President

nashscan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I agree that Obama is being straight forward about it, and should not get penalized for this, especially given that Bush was probably guilty of more than a DUI and received that lesser sentence due to who he was and connected to. I know that sounds horrid to say, but really, if someone of that strata of society is simply driving drunk, they get out of it, especially given that his father was the CIA director in 1976. As to the cocaine use, I think it is pretty well established he used it (he wouldn't deny it), and on a somewhat regular basis, otherwise he wouldn't have made the ridiculous claims to be able to pass a background check on this going back 7 years, and then later 15 years, and then confusion on just how far back he could say he was "clean".

This is a site devoted to good urban planning, environmental responsibility, mass transit funding, alternative energy and conservation, reduction to highway spending and automobile based development, and so forth. In other words, everything the GOP and Bush in particular is opposed to. I would have thought that would have been evident before the coffee house was made available to you.

Some people would say that President Dwight D. Eisenhower could be the worst president ever. After all it was his actions that shifted federal funding to the creation of millions of miles of freeway, which caused urban sprawl, destroyed public transportation and down towns.

If he invested in rails instead... this country would be considerably different.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note: George Bush approval rating is now the lowest since President Nixon. My guess is that the next president will be democrat because the country obviously think we are going in the wrong direction. 33 percent of Americans approve of the Job Bush is doing while 65 percent disapprove

Bush's Personal Attributes

TODAY

Is a strong leader

45%

Has made the country safer

44%

Can be trusted in a crisis

42%

Is honest and trustworthy

40%

Listens to different viewpoints

36%

Understands your problems

32%

CAREER HIGH

Is a strong leader

75%

65%

65%

71%

49%

61%

Gee! It makes make wonder what a boss would do to an employee with these kind of ratings? :whistling:

Just a note: George Bush approval rating is now the lowest since President Nixon. My guess is that the next president will be democrat because the country obviously think we are going in the wrong direction. 33 percent of Americans approve of the Job Bush is doing while 65 percent disapprove

Bush's Personal Attributes

TODAY

Is a strong leader

45%

44%

42%

40%

36%

32%

CAREER HIGH

Is a strong leader

75%

65%

65%

71%

49%

61%

I have penpals from all over the world, and it is simply astounding how much all of them hate GWB, and they say their families and friends do as well. The man is utterly despized all over the world.......and it's vehement.

GWB has tarnished our country's international reputation and stature for a long time to come.

I love hearing everyone's opinions:) but I still wince when I hear of people that think Jimmy Carter was a worse president than GWB.

Carter was apt to use diplomacy and dialogue to approach international conflicts. He made war the absolute last option. GWB AVOIDS diplomacy and dialogue, and looks at war as too early an option. Jimmy Carter brought Israel and Egypt toward peace, after decades of open hostility. GWB has not achieved one single foreign policy success. Jimmy Carter avoided war with the USSR in 1979--little known fact is that Leonid Brezhnev (a true moron) had divisions of Soviet troops on the Iranian border, ready to go in if Carter invaded Iran (when the hostage crisis was in full swing)....i.e. Jimmy Carter probably averted World War Three, with possible nuclear implications!

Jimmy Carter has written 30 books. How many has GWB written? Jimmy Carter graduated from West Point with an A average. What was GWB's GPA? a C if I'm remembering correctly? We all know Jimmy Carter has won the Nobel Prize. How many people think GWB will ever win the Nobel Prize? In fact it's laughable to even imagine GWB winning a Nobel for anything.

Carter bashing is soooooooooo unfair and undeserved.

That's true GWB wouldn't be capable of writing a book on his own. He would indeed require a ghost writer. What a hapless job that would be-----to put his hogwash into the written word.

Has anyone else noticed that the president has a noticeable icy stare while delivering proclaimations on TV these days? Real eery and flat and sinister, reminiecent of Do's ramblings. (Do was the cult leader of Heaven's Gate.) Almost robotic......

One thing I look forward to seeing during Bush's State of the Union address is Nancy Pelosi sitting behind him!

There won't be anything like this since Tip O'Neil sat behind Reagan in the 1980s:) What a stark contrast it will be to see someone of her intellect and stature sitting behind Bush, and beside Cheney.

Archived