Attention Lurkers!

Hi there. Yes, I'm talking to YOU! :) I know you're out there, because I see you every day and night checking out the topics on this board. As a matter of fact, the night of the Shreveport mayoral election, at one point I saw about 20 of you on here browsing, most likely reading up about the election. What a close race that was! I was so interested in it, I provided a play-by-play as the Shreveport Times updated their website with the latest information from the city's 131 polling precincts.

If you enjoy the discussions, feel free to register and become regular members. The Shreveport-Bossier subforum has gained quite a few members over the past few months since its creation, and new members are welcomed with open arms. If you have questions or additional information about projects and issues going on in the Shreveport-Bossier region, by all means register and post.

Urban Planet is free to join and contains an enormous wealth of information beyond this one subforum. There's really no reason not to join! Check out this extensive list of forums and subforums that Urban Planet has to offer!

I'll even make it easy on you. Click here to view the Registration Terms and Rules and register now.

I'm looking forward to posting with you in the future, as I'm sure are the other members of this subforum and all of Urban Planet!

And while you're at it, once you've registered, why not come back to this topic and post a quick introduction so we can get to know you!

Edited by NCB

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there. Yes, I'm talking to YOU! :) I know you're out there, because I see you every day and night checking out the topics on this board. As a matter of fact, the night of the Shreveport mayoral election, at one point I saw about 20 of you on here browsing, most likely reading up about the election. What a close race that was! I was so interested in it, I provided a play-by-play as the Shreveport Times updated their website with the latest information from the city's 131 polling precincts.

If you enjoy the discussions, feel free to register and become regular members. The Shreveport-Bossier subforum has gained quite a few members over the past few months since its creation, and new members are welcomed with open arms. If you have questions or additional information about projects and issues going on in the Shreveport-Bossier region, by all means register and post.

Urban Planet is free to join and contains an enormous wealth of information beyond this one subforum. There's really no reason not to join! Check out this extensive list of forums and subforums that Urban Planet has to offer!

I'll even make it easy on you. Click here to view the Registration Terms and Rules and register now.

I'm looking forward to posting with you in the future, as I'm sure are the other members of this subforum and all of Urban Planet!

And while you're at it, once you've registered, why not come back to this topic and post a quick introduction so we can get to know you!

Edited by woob

:D:D Well you caught me. My name is Hugh and I've been reading this wonderful site for quite sometime but I wasn't sure if I had anything really to add. I enjoy keeping up with all the happenings around SBC and to those of you who aren't from here; this is a great place to live! Thnak you for allowing me to be a part of this forum . I live in South Bossier. :D

Well you caught me. My name is Hugh and I've been reading this wonderful site for quite sometime but I wasn't sure if I had anything really to add. I enjoy keeping up with all the happenings around SBC and to those of you who aren't from here; this is a great place to live! Thnak you for allowing me to be a part of this forum . I live in South Bossier.

WELCOME, Hugh!

I knew eventually I'd get someone to come out of hiding. :lol:

I'm sure you can always come up with something to add, or even questions to ask. I'm very up to date on many things in this area, and I know some of the other members here are very observant to developments going on as well.

I look forward to posting with you, Hugh, and I do hope you enjoy it here. Even if you post only every now and then, it's all good. Just contribute as you feel comfortable. Oh, and if you're a photographer, or a recreational photographer, feel free to add to the Shreveport-Bossier City Photo of the Day thread!

Again, Hugh, welcome! I do hope to see you around here more! :)

Brian

Thanks Brian for the warm welcome. It is a pleasure to be aquainted with all of you. Looks like great things are happening here in SBC and its great to get timely information like you have here. I searched along time for this before I found urban planet and the SBC blog. I enjoy reading the Baton Rouge blog as well. Hugh

Thanks Brian for the warm welcome. It is a pleasure to be aquainted with all of you. Looks like great things are happening here in SBC and its great to get timely information like you have here. I searched along time for this before I found urban planet and the SBC blog. I enjoy reading the Baton Rouge blog as well. Hugh

Same here, riverrat. I stumbled upon Urban Planet, by complete accident, back at the beginning of March. You'll find that most of the members of Urban Planet seem to have stumbled upon the website via Google searches for projects and news related to their regions. That's exatly what happened to me, I was searching for Shreveport-Bossier related projects and came across Urban Planet. I immediately fell in love and felt at home, so I signed up and started posting right away. There are tons of "urban" forums on the internet, but this is just the only one I feel completely comfortable with.

Anyway, it's good to have you onboard with the rest of us, and I hope you'll find what you need here and even find things to tell us that we might have missed!

Hello Stephen-Thanks for the greeting. I understand you live in LA. I took a trip to Long Beach in April and went to Hollywood. Had a blast! I have family there and in Sacremento however we didn't get up that far. I like having your insight on this board as well as Brian's. I feel like Shreveport-Bossier could really take-off someday-It's showing signs of it now!LOL Hugh

• 2 weeks later...

Okay....I've been outed! I've been lurking for some time. I grew up in Shreveport / Bossier and now live in suburban New Orleans. I found the site when looking to purchase the old Bossier tornado book. I found the pictures I was looking for posted here along with a wealth of information about the place I love and miss dearly and still call home.

I'm an avid Shreveport Times reader (online version). I go home once a year if I can and drive all through town reminiscing. My husband (who is from south Louisiana) does not really see what there is to miss......but it's growing on him!

We just visited this week and took my son to Sci-Port. What an awesome place! We drove through parts of North Shreveport....yikes....

I meant to drive down and see Hamel Beach as I've read about it on here, but I forgot! I'm going back through tomorrow, so maybe I'll be able to go then.

When I visit, I look for things that are "so Shreveport." It's amazing how a place can be so different looking, but still so much the same on the inside.

So...I will vow to lurk no more! :blush:

Cindy

Okay....I've been outed! I've been lurking for some time. I grew up in Shreveport / Bossier and now live in suburban New Orleans. I found the site when looking to purchase the old Bossier tornado book. I found the pictures I was looking for posted here along with a wealth of information about the place I love and miss dearly and still call home.

I'm an avid Shreveport Times reader (online version). I go home once a year if I can and drive all through town reminiscing. My husband (who is from south Louisiana) does not really see what there is to miss......but it's growing on him!

We just visited this week and took my son to Sci-Port. What an awesome place! We drove through parts of North Shreveport....yikes....

I meant to drive down and see Hamel Beach as I've read about it on here, but I forgot! I'm going back through tomorrow, so maybe I'll be able to go then.

When I visit, I look for things that are "so Shreveport." It's amazing how a place can be so different looking, but still so much the same on the inside.

So...I will vow to lurk no more! :blush:

Cindy

Welcome to the forum, Cindy!

I'm Nate, and I too live in New Orleans; born and bred New Orleanian. As Brian (SBCmetroguy) mentioned, there is also a New Orleans forum, along with a Baton Rouge forum here, so you'll be able to find plenty of information regarding both the Crescent City and Red Stick, along with the SBC area.

I'm the moderator for the Louisiana forum along with many others here at UrbanPlanet, so if you have any questions, please send them my way! :)

Thanks Nate and Brian...

Nate - I actually live on the Northshore, but I'll check it out as I'm trying to still adjust to the area after many years! North and south Louisiana are about as different as two places could be! After the hurricane, I realized just how much the area had grown on me.

Brian - It sounds like we went to many of the same schools. I attended Meadowview as well, but it sounds like we were never there at the same time. (I'm 37.) I also attended Cope the first year it opened then finally Airline.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Nate - I actually live on the Northshore, but I'll check it out as I'm trying to still adjust to the area after many years! North and south Louisiana are about as different as two places could be! After the hurricane, I realized just how much the area had grown on me.

Thanks Nate and Brian...

Brian - It sounds like we went to many of the same schools. I attended Meadowview as well, but it sounds like we were never there at the same time. (I'm 37.) I also attended Cope the first year it opened then finally Airline.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Close...I grew up in Dogwood (the front part). I'm sure we still had many of the same teachers as they seem to really stay at those schools. I need to drive back out to that area either this visit or next time as it has been awhile! It was (and still is, I presume) a great place to grow up! I think I'm the only person on Earth who ENJOYED junior high school. I did see that the area around Airline is WAY grown up! I wish those fast food joints had all been there while I was in high school!!! We couldn't really sneak off-campus to eat because there was nothing anywhere near that area!

Sorry to hijack this thread with my memories!!!

Close...I grew up in Dogwood (the front part). I'm sure we still had many of the same teachers as they seem to really stay at those schools. I need to drive back out to that area either this visit or next time as it has been awhile! It was (and still is, I presume) a great place to grow up! I think I'm the only person on Earth who ENJOYED junior high school. I did see that the area around Airline is WAY grown up! I wish those fast food joints had all been there while I was in high school!!! We couldn't really sneak off-campus to eat because there was nothing anywhere near that area!

Sorry to hijack this thread with my memories!!!