Hotel Indigo

Richard Lawson

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the more redeeming qualities of this Indigo development are the amenities accessible by the public, the coffee shop, etc. That, in addition to the Stahlman, and the project soon to commence at AmSouth along with the completed courthouse plaza, should be a great shot toward revitalizing yet another quiet, dark intersection.

One of the more redeeming qualities of this Indigo development are the amenities accessible by the public, the coffee shop, etc. That, in addition to the Stahlman, and the project soon to commence at AmSouth along with the completed courthouse plaza, should be a great shot toward revitalizing yet another quiet, dark intersection.

Now we just need to start planning the implosion of the public square parking garage. :thumbsup:

I personally think the building in question for this hotel is my favorite high-rise downtown. It's got an absolutely beautiful exterior. I really wanted to go inside, to see what jewels it might offer, but it's been empty for quite some time. Hopefully there's some special design inside that they can make use of if/when it gets renovated.

Gee, Richard. You may have been gone a while, but you've shown up with some good stuff. I'd have never thought of the Indigo for downtown, especially being announced before the other one opens. And the W? This is great. Thanks man.

I went to the Hermitage Hotel event just a bit ago where it officially announced five-star status and someone from the downtown partnership told me they never saw the Hotel Indigo thing coming. The story caught a bunch of people off guard. Now Lineberry and those have to really make sure it flies.

Great building! It should make a perfect hotel. Nashville needs more top-flight rooms downtown. I do not think that 110 rooms is too many to add to the existing stock.

With the five-star rating on The Hermitage, hotels like Indigo, Westin, Palomar in Signature (if the latter two indeed get built), Nashville's downtown begins to look like a real downtown more so than ever. Of course, the condo towers and renovations help as well..

• 6 months later...

Big question here..................... I thought Hotel Indigo was supposed to be DT in a historic renovated building..... The site that I believed it to be is undergoing a transformation with a ton of scafolding along the exterior and garbage shutes leading to large dumptsters on the street........but what is this Hotel Indigo???? I grabbed a photo while out this morning. It is on West End just down the street from the WES........ and it's being painted keylime green...

You cant see it in the first photo but the banner is out front and there are large banners drapped over the side of the building facing DT

http://www.nashvillegrowth.com/WES/hotelindigo1.jpg

http://www.nashvillegrowth.com/WES/hotelindigo2.jpg

That paint looks like crap. I hope it's just primer or sealant.

Actually it looks like baby crap. Whoever picked that color (even if it is a primer) must have done so at their desk, under some kind of artificial neon. It's not befitting of fireworks stand in Gattlinburg.

Midtown

I think it could be pretty sweet. West End needs a little lime green!

Funny - we drove by there the other day as they were painting and thought it looked great.. I'd wondered what they were going to do to spruce up the bunker-like exterior of that building. I like it a lot..

Thanks for making me feel not so stupid.

Ha! Thanks for not being facetious with your earlier comment about the lime green! I wasn't sure, so I just plunged on in! So, then, that's two in the FOR column :thumbsup:

Archived