Hotel Indigo

Richard Lawson

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotel Indigo is what the name suggests. They are designed for the under 40 clientele who have lots of money to spend in entertainment and other services. Yes, this will be a very colorful hotel. They are popular with young singles and young professionals. This is not your parents hotel chain.

The Lime chartreuse or what ever the painter told me is going to be the color. There will be black lights behind at night. Oh well, I will try and not look at the paint when I pass by. :sick: I need a drink. :alc:

Was sitting on the balcony last night, looking at the skyline, trying to find the Indigo.. Looks really great on the skyline -- before, it was just a drab, gray bunker. Now it pops - especially at sunset! I was thinking "I'll be they light it".

Now, wonder how long it'll be before the Vanderbilt Plaza spruces up their drab exterior?

• 3 weeks later...

Hotel Indigo is what the name suggests. They are designed for the under 40 clientele who have lots of money to spend in entertainment and other services. Yes, this will be a very colorful hotel. They are popular with young singles and young professionals. This is not your parents hotel chain.

How can anyone take this lime green makeover seriously as long as they have

an electrical conduit running up the side of the building?

(Well, actually they have more than one, lol)

If this were my parents hotel chain, I think the electrical conduits would be concealed.

Do people under 40 who have lots of money to spend on entertainment and other services overlook this sort of thing?

I'm holding my breath on this one, there are some signals that telegraph a message. Paint color is at best, controversial, detailing and quality of work seems to be challenged. Any building with exposed conduits running up the side of the exterior walls sends a message too.

Midtown

I'll have to take a look. I'm not sure what you're referring to, but it seems that in this day and age when modern day life/housing includes exposed heating elements, wiring, ductwork, plumbing, cellulite, butt cracks and bad manners, a little conduit outside a building wouldn't hurt too much.

I guess I should look, but once again go on record as loving the color scheme.

I'll have to take a look. I'm not sure what you're referring to, but it seems that in this day and age when modern day life/housing includes exposed heating elements, wiring, ductwork, plumbing, cellulite, butt cracks and bad manners, a little conduit outside a building wouldn't hurt too much.

I guess I should look, but once again go on record as loving the color scheme.

Dave,

look at the sushi restaurant sign out front where the valet stand it, and also the sign on the side of the building , there are two cheesy facilities management decisions from the previous life of the building that appear as though they are going to remain. In this day and age, especially on Nashville's main vehicular pathway, that kind of thing just shouldn't happen even. The car dealerships would never allow an exposed conduit at their front door, and I don't understand why a hotel would. Just strange. Very strange.

MT

• 1 month later...

Not entirely sure if I am talking about what you see, but if you are talking about the 4 or 5 steel cylindrical objects on the right of the picture that front 18th street, those are external hood fans for the hibachi grills at Goten. Unless Goten goes somewhere, those stay, and have to stay for the restaurant to run, lest it be overrun with smoke and heat.

Not entirely sure if I am talking about what you see, but if you are talking about the 4 or 5 steel cylindrical objects on the right of the picture that front 18th street, those are external hood fans for the hibachi grills at Goten. Unless Goten goes somewhere, those stay, and have to stay for the restaurant to run, lest it be overrun with smoke and heat.

4vrfv3p.jpg

There are actually four (4) exposed electrical conduits on the face of the building, in addition to those horrible exhaust fans. The photo shows 3 of them. Compared to the fans, the conduits are a small issue, but it is attention to detal (or lack thereof) that establishes the true and preceived quality of a building. It appears the Indigo has been taking measures to protect these exposed conduits, and with all the money being spent, one has to ask the question "why"?

MT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Yes, this can be quite good. Hotels should have something to build for with the MCC coming online soon. Hopefully, the MedMart will follow. In turn, I hope this keeps the outlook good for additional developments such as the office buildings by Eakin, WES, and others. Not to forget the residential units underway and/or proposed. Add the retail to the ground floors/street level of these buildings and you have a nice balance. Hopefully, this will create a steady "engine" effect as all are needed to thrive and balance each other.

Archived