Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yankee Fan

Cornerstone U. construction

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have pictures of the new entrance and clock tower that Cornerstone has almost completed? There is a story about it on Woodtv.com.

IMO, that's probably the ugliest clock tower that I've ever seen.

Here's a photo from their website.

webcam.jpg

At least the roof isn't blue.

the proportions are really bad.

the clock is soooo tiny.

the dormers on the roof look silly, whats the point, they serve no purpose.

the proportions are really bad.

the clock is soooo tiny.

the dormers on the roof look silly, whats the point, they serve no purpose.

Here ya go YF. It is nice to see Cornerstone continuing to invest in their campus. It's always looked sort of disjointed, even for a suburban campus.

Clock tower

293181477_d06a51a64f_b.jpg

New lake, fountain and roundabout

293181481_04adc82813_b.jpg

New entry wall

293181484_80c04ba9e1_b.jpg

Thanks, papa!

I like the entrance wall- It looks the way that you would expect it to, which is actually becoming a little rare.

I have to agree with some of the others: there is something that just seems "off" with the clock tower. Maybe it is how distant it appears from other buildings. But whatever it is, it seems either out of place or strangely imposing for where it is.

Thanks, papa!

I like the entrance wall- It looks the way that you would expect it to, which is actually becoming a little rare.

I have to agree with some of the others: there is something that just seems "off" with the clock tower. Maybe it is how distant it appears from other buildings. But whatever it is, it seems either out of place or strangely imposing for where it is.

The small face on the clock makes the tower look bigger.

Yeah, maybe that is what it is. I keep waiting for them to install bells with ropes that we can pull on.

It's very plain. GVSU has all sorts of openings on their tower for the sounds of the carillon to escape. It helps make the tower look interesting rather than just a tall blank wall. And without the carillon all you have is a really expensive clock!

-nb

It's very plain. GVSU has all sorts of openings on their tower for the sounds of the carillon to escape. It helps make the tower look interesting rather than just a tall blank wall. And without the carillon all you have is a really expensive clock!

-nb