Ritz-Carlton Hotel & 1 Bank of America Center

uptownliving

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is great news :yahoo: . I only hope that the building looks like the rendering because that will help break up some of the architectural monotony of the BofA campus. Maybe we will also see a Saks in the Ritz and some retail in the office tower as well. Again, great news :thumbsup: !!

This is great news :yahoo: . I only hope that the building looks like the rendering because that will help break up some of the architectural monotony of the BofA campus. Maybe we will also see a Saks in the Ritz and some retail in the office tower as well. Again, great news :thumbsup: !!

Too good to be true. Please prove me wrong Ken!!!

I'm pretty sure this is the real thing. The mini-Corp Center was designed by Duda/Paine, while this is being designed by Perkins Will. This tower also seems par for the course for Perkins Will.

One other thing I noticed, it looks like tower will extend over the top of the parking deck.....

I'm guessing this tower will be 900,000-1M sq. ft.

Charlotte is picking up steam on its way to the goal of 100,000 uptown employees.

"Bank of America Corp. is adding a 32-story office tower to its Ritz-Carlton hotel project in uptown. A news conference is scheduled for noon today at Founders Hall.

The tower will join a redesigned 17-floor Ritz at property the Charlotte bank owns across College Street from its uptown headquarters, spokesman Terry Francisco said. The hotel will still have 150 rooms.

The Ritz will now open a year later in 2009. The office tower is scheduled to debut in 2010.

The bank will occupy 25 percent of the tower with about 1,200 employees, some new hires and some from the existing workforce. The bank says it has 14,000 employees in uptown and 15,000 in the greater Charlotte area."

I am going to try to attend.

The CBJ has some more details:

- Glass walkway across College.

- 700 new parking spaces (underground?)

- Winter garden/glass atrium connecting the Ritz and Office Tower (sorry, no Saks :( )

- They claim this will be one of the most environmentally friendly office towers in the SE USA.

The Observer added that it will be approximately 750,000 sq. ft.....I'm really curious about the environmentally friendly aspect. It would be great if they would try to match their NY tower and achieveLEED Platinum, or at least be the first Gold in Charlotte.

The Observer added that it will be approximately 750,000 sq. ft.....I'm really curious about the environmentally friendly aspect. It would be great if they would try to match their NY tower and achieveLEED Platinum, or at least be the first Gold in Charlotte.

I'm only guessing, but I think they are going to strive for Platinum status. If you look at the size of this project comapred to Wachovia's current project and then compare price tags, it seems that this is going to be an expensive job for its size ($450 million according to the observer). Maybe we'll know more after the press conference.

I really love this design and I hope it stays like the rendering shows.

Edit: That is $450 mil for the office tower only compared to $800 million for the entire Wachovia job. That seems really expensive.

is it just me or does the second tower look a little rinky-dink. the first tower is amazing, but the second looks like a rectangle that was plopped in the middle of a prime location. Maybe when more renderings appear the second will look just as good as the first tower.

Can you explain what you mean by un-BofA? Their former HQ, the NCNB/Radisson Plaza building at Trade and Tryon, is made completely of blue polygonal glass buildings.

I was referring to the fact that it does not have the same facade as the Corporate Center, Hearst Tower, and IJL. It was a joke...obviously not a very funny one.

Archived