uptownliving

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was funny b/c when I went ot that site last week, I was taking photos from the same deck and all of a sudden I start shaking like I was in an earth quake. That is when I hear a ton of clapping and see all of the construction workers standing on top of the Epicentre glaring down at the site and retreat back to work. It clicked that they were then blasting more rubble on the BofA side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^Where on the site will it be going?

It's for the Ritz Carlton part of the project but not sure where it will be going. I'm thinkning it may go in the middle of the site between the office tower and hotel favoring College St to make headroom for the parking garage, but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this is a stupid question, but are they assembling the new tower crane on top of the BOA parking deck? Looking at the 12pm picture from the 210 Trade webcam, there is a portion of a new tower crane on the deck. I can't tell if they actually have a platform up there for the crane or not. Regardless, its good to see some added activity at the site. :)

I'm no structural engineer, but it doesn't seem like a parking deck could handle the weight of a crane, the crane's base, the crane's load, and the counterbalance. Seems like that would have the same effect as a concrete truck resting on a curb.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but are they assembling the new tower crane on top of the BOA parking deck? Looking at the 12pm picture from the 210 Trade webcam, there is a portion of a new tower crane on the deck. I can't tell if they actually have a platform up there for the crane or not. Regardless, its good to see some added activity at the site. :)

Your right, it seems that the new crane has been positioned on the top of the parking deck closer to the LRT side of the building. It also looks like there is only one long piece to the crane, of course being on top of the building it doesn't have to be that tall. This has to be a crane for the office tower, although I am not sure what the crane on the 5th Street side was meant for.

Can someone post renderings of this project? I have seen only a few obscure renderings which don't even appear to be consistent. For example, one rendering shows the B of A tower to be quite fat.

It's odd that the Ritz Carlton website, and the architect's website don't have renderings. Based upon what I've seen, this tower will be disappointing compared to the magnificent towers B of A has built previously and compared to the new Wachovia tower.

Can someone post renderings of this project? I have seen only a few obscure renderings which don't even appear to be consistent. For example, one rendering shows the B of A tower to be quite fat.

It's odd that the Ritz Carlton website, and the architect's website don't have renderings. Based upon what I've seen, this tower will be disappointing compared to the magnificent towers B of A has built previously and compared to the new Wachovia tower.

Just wait, I've seen some renderings beyond whats on this website, and while yes I agree its not as magnificent as the new wachovia tower, it will be a spectacular tower. The Clear Glass Curtain is going to be nothing short of breathtaking, and its going to be much more than just a box. While the basic idea of it is that it is a box, There are a lot of things being done to make it interesting still, especially at streetlevel.

Just wait, I've seen some renderings beyond whats on this website, and while yes I agree its not as magnificent as the new wachovia tower, it will be a spectacular tower. The Clear Glass Curtain is going to be nothing short of breathtaking, and its going to be much more than just a box. While the basic idea of it is that it is a box, There are a lot of things being done to make it interesting still, especially at streetlevel.

Is one corner of the facade curved? Can you describe what you've seen (beyond street level)? Can you post renderings?

There was an article last month in the O that showed renderings of this project that I haven't seen before. It was an article about the banks rebuilding our skyline again. Does anyone have access to these (or know what I'm referring to)? It's not on the web site.

There was an article last month in the O that showed renderings of this project that I haven't seen before. It was an article about the banks rebuilding our skyline again. Does anyone have access to these (or know what I'm referring to)? It's not on the web site.

I saw that article, but I don't recall seeing new renderings of this tower.

I wonder why B of A and Ritz are so clandestine about it.

I'll back 83alphaunder up on this one. I've been able to see a very recent rendering, and the tower really is quite beautiful. Very crisp, clear, clean. For a very modern, 32 story office tower, it is surprisingly pleasant. Wish I could post the image. As soon as I can, I will.

Archived