Ritz-Carlton Hotel & 1 Bank of America Center

uptownliving

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha! Yeah, almost as much dilution as simply having one in Charlotte :).

I want to believe you guys that these are the real renderings and we're getting a very glassy and an interesting upper section. But I just can't help but think this is just a spruced up massing diagram to show the shape and orientation.

I love the extra wide bridge, although I'm not sure why they need it covered. They should leave it uncovered, though. But it basically acts as a place, instead of just a means to an end.

Ha! Yeah, almost as much dilution as simply having one in Charlotte :).

I want to believe you guys that these are the real renderings and we're getting a very glassy and an interesting upper section. But I just can't help but think this is just a spruced up massing diagram to show the shape and orientation.

I love the extra wide bridge, although I'm not sure why they need it covered. They should leave it uncovered, though. But it basically acts as a place, instead of just a means to an end.

No, it really is the real thing. I cued atlrvr about this earlier, and he also concurred. However, upon my visit to the Park, I went by to confirm every rumor about the design of the BofA tower. It really is going to be this cool :shades:

A2

Are we get a cheap knock-off, or is this just an attempt at create a style for the 21st century.

I like the design, but it is just almost exactly like those other examples.

I'm very glad Kenny was talked out of his idea to match the other BofA buildings.

Are we get a cheap knock-off, or is this just an attempt at create a style for the 21st century.

I like the design, but it is just almost exactly like those other examples.

I'm very glad Kenny was talked out of his idea to match the other BofA buildings.

something different for the new BoFA would be nice. now only if the other Kenny would get renderings for the Wach Tower released

Retail is not far behind. Another interesting tid-bit that I discovered today is that Center City might be entertaining a major retailer, and announcing it quite soon. This, I believe, will happen. I really don't care who it is, but just bring it already. With everything coming to fruition, my guess is that maybe a Macy's or Belk might be coming VERY SOON!

A2

More details, please?

The last downtown department stores Macy's/Federated have built have been a Bloomingdale's in San Francisco and a Lazarus in Pittsburgh. I think it'd be rare to get a center-city Federated store but who knows?

Thought y'all might like to see some of Perkins + Will's recent work. Nice stuff!

The Los Angeles Federal Courthouse

lg-77c.jpg

Contemporaine (residential), Chicago

RA050501040L4.jpg

Signature Place (residential), downtown St Petersburg, FL (under construction)

lg-112a.jpg

Crate & Barrel Corporate HQ, suburban Chicago

lg-85a.jpg

Caribbean Technology Center, San Juan, PR

lg-80a.jpg

Espirito Santo Bank HQ, Miami

lg-81a.jpg

Skybridge at One North Halstead (mixed use), Chicago

lg-88a.jpg

Perkins + Will does quite a bit of interior design work for high profile corporate clients. All are quite beautiful.

The photo of the LA Federal CH doesn't do it justice. Incredible! The lobby is awe inspiring.

One of the things I love about the BAC building are the southwest corners that have 3-story skylobbies with full-grown trees. Looking at P+W's new designs, I think the rendering is pretty much the real thing, as most all of their new stuff uses transparent glass. I also think reorienting the Ritz Carlton to Trade makes more sense. Why would anyone spending that much money on a room per night want to look at the top floor of a parking deck? The new orientation gives guest rooms views of the new tower, winter garden and EpiCentre.

Once again, BAC has one-upped Wachovia. How much you want to bet Ken Thompson's bank will release renderings VERY soon now. Tit for tat.

One of the most prominent features I see in this design in the super-wide skybridge. While this "Winter Garden" that it is right beside it may take away from street-level retail, I can only imagine how impressive the skybridge will be while driving down College steet.

anyone know the name of the project?

And I agree, street level retail should fall as one of the top priorities for this project, since its proximity to Epicentre, which would help centralize a retail district. Only, we need to diversify the type of retail offered, so that pedestrian activity would be more welcomed.

Thinking realistically here...how much do we really believe that the BAC "powers that be" are concerned about street level retail? What responsibility do they have as civic partners to incorporate this into their projects? I don't know the answer, just asking the question.

This was in today's Observer aticle.

The tower will have 700 parking spaces. The building could grow in height depending on how parking floors are configured, Desoer said.
Also.

Five tower cranes will eventually rise over a congested property that is hemmed by a parking garage on one side and city streets on the other three.

Wow. I wonder if they will use lufting cranes since it is such a tight sight.

Thinking realistically here...how much do we really believe that the BAC "powers that be" are concerned about street level retail? What responsibility do they have as civic partners to incorporate this into their projects? I don't know the answer, just asking the question.

I can't speak for BofA, but they did do a great job with street level retail in the Hearst Tower project...not just on Tryon St, but College St as well. They have also come back and retrofitted the Tryon St facing part of Founders Hall with street level retail and TV studios. Also the IJL tower did a good job with retail along 5th and Tryon.

This design seems to be a step backwards for BofA with regards to street level retail.

Archived