uptownliving

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vertical (diagonal) steel is up to the ground floor on all sides except adjacent to the deck. They have been laying cross sections on the part of the office tower closest to Winter Garten in preparation to begin pouring the concrete floor slabs. They will probably be above ground with the structural steel sometime in February.

No it is privately owned.... The City is the owner of the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center which is on the same block.

So it's safe to imagine Founders Hall has been running at a financial loss all these years? I just assumed it was a city owned property that wasn't expected to be highly profitable.

It's gonna be breathtaking when the Winter Garden is complete and directly connected to Founders Hall.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear there's going to be an office tower on that site.

You mean other than the one planned for 3 years, 1 Bank of America Center? Or is this sarcasm, its hard to read sarcasm through writing... The core on the office tower last I saw was up three floors.

• 2 weeks later...

we need some pictures, but i thought you'd all like to know that the 2nd overstreet bridge is up, and steel is finally above ground for the office tower, up to 2-3 floors in some places. the core is way up at 5 or 6. is this strange? certainly nothing like how the ritz went up.

the bridges look REALLY imposing and huge, i could forgive the one since its boa to boa after all, but this seems really excessive. unlike a lot of others i really love the simple austere architecture going in here though, and hopefully the integration of the bridges and the winter garden and the escalators from the street will be done nicely.

The lead of an additional couple of stores for the core over the structural steel is normal for steel built highrises.

I predicted that steel would be above ground by February, so its good to see the pace that this is progressing. Once they get to about the 6 or 7 floor for the core, they can add a level every 3-4 days. It should top out probaly in June. :)

The lead of an additional couple of stores for the core over the structural steel is normal for steel built highrises.

I predicted that steel would be above ground by February, so its good to see the pace that this is progressing. Once they get to about the 6 or 7 floor for the core, they can add a level every 3-4 days. It should top out probaly in June. :)

Is this a steel-built tower? Didn't a concrete core lead the concrete exterior of the Wachovia Corporate Center too?

This has probably been banged out in another thread, but do steel built highrises go up faster than reinforced concrete (like Wachovia)?

I'm almost positive it is steel built as all sub-terranean sections are steel as well as the strucutural steel now above street level. It could rise quicker, but the rate of steel can't exceed the speed of the core, which in a building like this will certainly be poured concrete all the way. Since there isn't that much concrete I estimated they could get to a floor every 3-4 days once they get to repeating floors (floor 7 and up I think).

Ugh, it looks so pedestrian in the worst way in that image. I hope that is just a generic mockup. Granted it's a business hotel focused on the banking industry. Not exactly the sexiest niche. And Ritz flagged hotels are mostly known for understated country club luxury not hipster chic. A little more life would be nice though. Maybe they can hire John Thain to decorate the interior. He knows the best waste baskets to buy.

project13-rendering.jpg

rendering I came across looking for pictures of the winter garden to get a hint at what kind of retail we might get

there's quite a bit of detail on the video from the official website http://www.1bankofamericacenter.com/

it seems like i've watched this before, but i don't recall seeing so much. sorry if this is not news to some of you, but this is about as good of a look of the winter garden as i could imagine.

Archived