Ritz-Carlton Hotel & 1 Bank of America Center

uptownliving

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

glass is already going up for founder's hall and the ground level of the winter garden. it also looks like the winter garden roof is starting to take shape.

i still don't understand the complaints about the architecture here. when finished, i think this is going to be one of the most impressive blocks uptown. a little modern minimalist glass/emerald city (i am glad its relatively transparent glass for a change)

when finished, i think this is going to be one of the most impressive blocks uptown. a little modern minimalist glass/emerald city (i am glad its relatively transparent glass for a change)

Let's just hope the city can afford to keep our emerald city glass cleaned on a regular basis. damn pigeons.

Wow I hadn't realized the winter garden roof would make that much impact and the angle would jut that far above the parking deck, and to think its going to get a little bit taller still. Fantastic shot, I really do like the Ritz although many don't seem to.

The Ritz is a filler building so to speak. I think it is pleasantly simplistic. Every building can't be amazing, or the city becomes cartoonish. As long as it is unoffensive and with high quality materials, then there is nothing wrong with "boring", and I think the Ritz accomplishes this.

Secondly, I think the 1BofA tower is going to make a huge impact on the skyline. It will be very tall and distinct when viewed from the east, and like the Vue, it will hug 5th street and narrow that visual canyon.

Not sure on the actual height, but I'm thinking more like 475'.

As far as diminishing the view of CC, this is true, but the building should top out somewhere just below where the step-backs in the CC tower begins, so the aesthetics should be maintained somewhat.

That sounds about right when the height was said to be 32 floors. Now that it is said to be 30 floors, I was thinking it would be closer to 430' or so.

Its LEED GOLD sized floors. Tall and spacious. Its supposed to average 15.5 feet/floor from what I hear. So 15.5x30=465 add 10 feet of decoration, and what atlrvr predicted sounds pretty accurate to me.

• 4 weeks later...

its chugging along. the winter garden seems to be moving much faster than the office tower, but that is making progress too (i think steel is on 3rd or 4th floor with the core up around 7 or 8th). a lot of glass has been installed around the winter garden and i noticed yesterday that its up for the walkways too now. looks quite good.

its chugging along. the winter garden seems to be moving much faster than the office tower, but that is making progress too (i think steel is on 3rd or 4th floor with the core up around 7 or 8th). a lot of glass has been installed around the winter garden and i noticed yesterday that its up for the walkways too now. looks quite good.

Sounds like we definately need some photogs to get out and take some pix of the whole complex!

There's really not much to take photos of there. It's such a tight site, the block is small and hemmed in by other tall buildings. All you can really do it stand on the sidewalk and stare up.

Its worth a try though. Unfortunately this site is a 530 miles from me.

The Uneven floor in the first pic, is a cantilevered plaza if I'm not mistaken. The room above it will take advantage of the slant and will be a presentation/lecture hall creating some sort of stadium seating effect. Thank you for the pictures I see what The Escapists means about it being a very tough place to take pictures of. Looks like it is really coming along though. I must say that for such a minimalistic building, it sure is complex to build.

The Uneven floor in the first pic, is a cantilevered plaza if I'm not mistaken. The room above it will take advantage of the slant and will be a presentation/lecture hall creating some sort of stadium seating effect. Thank you for the pictures I see what The Escapists means about it being a very tough place to take pictures of. Looks like it is really coming along though. I must say that for such a minimalistic building, it sure is complex to build.

Yeah, I just never noticed the slanted floor in the renderings/video fly through before now. The Holiday Inn is a pretty good place to get a shot, but in winter the sun is always in the wrong place. This spring I'll try to get up to the top of the Holiday Inn (where the pool is located) and get some good shots.

There's really not much to take photos of there. It's such a tight site, the block is small and hemmed in by other tall buildings. All you can really do it stand on the sidewalk and stare up.

Bah....that sounds like a defeatist attitude ;)

From yesterday.

The "uneven" floor :)

post-1289-1236646268_thumb.jpg

Some welders doing what they do.

post-1289-1236646347_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1236646396_thumb.jpg

Archived