Ritz-Carlton Hotel & 1 Bank of America Center

uptownliving

I feel like the glass has turned out a whole lot darker than I originally expected...it would be nice to have some more transparency, or maybe a green tint instead of blackish. And I agree with others about the cave effect of the overstreet walkways...

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but in surprising Charlotte fashion a steak house called Bistro Laurent Tourondel Steakhouse will be opening in the Ritz-Carlton...

I had heard a rumor BLT Steak would be going into the Ritz space, but I guess this confirms it. Although I've never been to one personally, I have heard from several friends that the one in NYC is quite good. Seems to be a little trendier than your typical steakhouse.

I had heard a rumor BLT Steak would be going into the Ritz space, but I guess this confirms it. Although I've never been to one personally, I have heard from several friends that the one in NYC is quite good. Seems to be a little trendier than your typical steakhouse.

Oh wow, that is awesome...I ate at the one in NYC, and wow, that is the best steak I've ever had...nice to see one coming here.

That rounded edge looks like it would be great for a great-big stock ticker of some sort; or some sort of video display.

Now that the new Duke tower has rave lights going up its corners, we need a video display on a building like this one in Shibuya:

188148718_1b056612f7_o.jpg

It's not the corner, but the huge slanted wall between the overstreet walkways is supposed to be a massive LED display screen. (assuming it hasn't been value engineered out...)

/fondly remembering having a coffee at that shibuya starbucks and watching the crowds go by...

It's not the corner, but the huge slanted wall between the overstreet walkways is supposed to be a massive LED display screen. (assuming it hasn't been value engineered out...)

/fondly remembering having a coffee at that shibuya starbucks and watching the crowds go by...

I wonder if it's legal right now. Convention Center had to get a special zoning permit for their LED sign when they installed it.

I wonder if it's legal right now. Convention Center had to get a special zoning permit for their LED sign when they installed it.

Well the TWC Arena right around the corner has two decent-sized screens on their exterior and the Epicentre has a large one facing the arena as well, so it shouldn't be hard for BoA to get a permit if one is needed.

I'm not sure I like the idea that the space between the walkways would have a large screen. Seems like a waste. I think a more visible location would be better warranted. Then again, I guess you would be able to see the screen through the walkways.

Archived