uptownliving

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SkyscraperPage is back up. They don't offer an official height for 1 BofA Center----- but in their "All" section, they have it situated between Charlotte Plaza (118 metres) and Odell Plaza (100 metres).

This is taken with a grain of salt, since none of us has been able to find the official height online. One night I searched the web for an hour with no luck~

From the pics you nice folks have posted, 1 BofA already looks somewhat taller than Charlotte Plaza. Maybe it's an optical illusion owing to Uptown's uneven topography (?)

I can assure you it is a good bit taller than charlotte plaza, as it has much higher floor heights and more floors. In reality its between the heights of 201N Tryon(136m) and Bank of America Plaza (153m). If you see the skyline from Graham St. or the North Webcam, you can clearly see Bank of America being taller than 201N Tryon (former IJL Financial Center)

• 2 weeks later...

The exterior should be complete sometime in Spring (March-April) to the point that the crane can come down.

I really like this building....it's understated but still attractive, and it pokes into the skyline from most angles.

Also, while the Winter Garden isn't really great for pedestrian activity, it is impressive looking inside (you can see into it from the Ritz where the skywalk lobby is)

• 2 weeks later...

That's neat. I couldn't figure out why those corners were being left like that.

I've been to the 1BofAC website and I didn't see anything about trees up the corners.

I just didn't realize the corners were going to be gardens with trees.

there will be 2 sets of 10 3 story plazas with trees on the sides of the building, you can clearly see it in the renderings.

You can see them in initial's photos - I've highlighted one below. The two intermediate levels are meeting rooms that cantilever into the three story space. Rinse and repeat every three floors.

garden.jpg

I get it now, but still, I've never seen a building that tall designed that way.

It, along with the Ritz, will be the greenest buildings in Charlotte now.

might this be the 'no promise of safety' guy? looks like his work but i don't see an update on his site. it would be great to have him on the forum :)

^ That green checkered pattern is a street-level plaza with squares of grass.

:offtopic: It is - and I feel overly generous even saying this much - the only thing I like about CCG. Primarily because it provides some green space in an area that is otherwise devoid of it.

its a really nice treatment for something temporary, but i really hope the condos get built over it soon. i'd like to see the density of 5th street to continue through that area. and the brevard/5th retail space has SOME potential...we'll see if its realized.

Archived