Ritz-Carlton Hotel & 1 Bank of America Center

uptownliving

Do they have an extended boom on the top of that crane? It appears that they do from the 210 trade webcam. If they dont, it does not appear that the crane has enough reach to pull those HVAC units off the top of that building.

EDIT: The 210 trade camera updated and it appears that they are going for the HVAC units.

Will this project get a webcam?

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^All of the units have now been moved. Looks like things are going to start getting a lot more interesting on this construction site. I am getting really geared up to see how the engineers incorporate the deck into the building. It will be kind of nice to see it all happen "live" (or as close to live as one can get) via our little buddy Mr. Web Cam. (Isn't Technology grand?! :D )

A2

I'm wondering if they plan to begin building up the deck before they get to that height with Ritz and the office tower. With all the work getting the HVAC's off so early, it seems that this has become a priority for the project.

I'm wondering if they plan to begin building up the deck before they get to that height with Ritz and the office tower. With all the work getting the HVAC's off so early, it seems that this has become a priority for the project.

I would think so. It seems like anytime there is a deck involved there is a needed emphasis on "preparing it" to become a part of the larger project. One only needs to look at how The Park had to work on the deck before they could start erecting steel. Now maybe there situation was unique and required more work, but I feel like some work would first have to be done on the deck in order to shore it up for another 30+ story office tower!!!! Yippee!!!! I am getting more excited as I type.

:rolleyes:

A2

The skywalk pedestrian connector coming out of Founders Hall will be dismantled next weekend. This is the one that used to connect Founders Hall with the Parking Deck. Unfortunately it will be replaced with an even larger skywalk as part of the Ritz Carlton/ BofA tower project.

You were right, the skywalk went bye bye. College looks much different, and cleaner now. Just think, in two years, we won't even be able to see most of that block anymore, not from the TTT webcam at least. Out of curiosity, how did you know when the skywalk would come down?

Is Perkins+Will EVER going to update its web page with this project? I would really like to see a decent rendering of exactly what it will look like. The only thing that we've been privy to is a bad computer image that doesn't lend itself to what Risden can convey.

Does anyone have a contact at the firm that might be able to get some updated plans and post them here? Sure would be appreciated!

I think it's 3-levels of below grade parking.

That is some good news. I was not wanting to excavte the site forever like the WB project. I thought they were digging to China on that one. It took almost a full year of JUST excavation work.

A2

I don't think this has been posted yet. Rumor has it they have to implode the Bank of America Corporate Parking Deck to make way for the new project. The parking structure was not built to hold another three to four levels of parking and part of an office building. They have to take the pre-fab concrete exterior off and then they will implode the structure.

Wow! I bet that was a bad meeting between the engineers and the project manager.

I never really liked that parking deck, but really, if it goes away, I hope the really take the time to redesign the whole project. I don't see why they couldn't reconfigure some of the buildings. They could also make that massive skybridge and first level retail and so forth really connect with the light rail station.

Great opportunity to add more UG parking as well, but I'm guessing that would push there project date too far out. At the very least, like Dubone said, they could redesign the parking deck to have street level retail and better connectivity to the LRT, arena, 5th st., etc.

Something else that this leaves open is the option for BoA to reconsider just what kind of office tower it will be building. IF Trump decides to build his tower taller than BoA (given there was no secret agreement between CLT and BoA to prohibit such a building) then what do you all the the chances of the country's largest bank trying to make a statement in its HQ city? Seems that if Trump does announce he is for sure building taller, BoA would redesign this project altogether. Then again, maybe they already have and that's the reason for creating this parking deck rumor, to help rationalize why they would redesign this project again.

Something else that this leaves open is the option for BoA to reconsider just what kind of office tower it will be building. IF Trump decides to build his tower taller than BoA (given there was no secret agreement between CLT and BoA to prohibit such a building) then what do you all the the chances of the country's largest bank trying to make a statement in its HQ city? Seems that if Trump does announce he is for sure building taller, BoA would redesign this project altogether. Then again, maybe they already have and that's the reason for creating this parking deck rumor, to help rationalize why they would redesign this project again.

Nice fantasy, but I can't imagine a board of directors falling for that. If emotional justification was all that was needed, I imagine we'd already be looking at at new Wach > 48 floors

I remember a design plan for the Ritz and new BofA building a while back that made me think 'what's going on with the parking deck?' And now that it's gone it makes more sense. If I can find the picture I will post it, but it showed both buildings with the 'winter garden' inbetween. In a gist, it seemed like to me that the parking garage would have to go either way.

I remember a design plan for the Ritz and new BofA building a while back that made me think 'what's going on with the parking deck?' And now that it's gone it makes more sense. If I can find the picture I will post it, but it showed both buildings with the 'winter garden' inbetween. In a gist, it seemed like to me that the parking garage would have to go either way.

You can find that picture back on page 2 of this thread:

Is it just me or does it look like they are going to reclad the parking deck in glass to match the new LEED towers?

df.jpg

Archived