Shreve City

EyeofDTIger75

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did get an opportunity to drive by the site of the new Wal-Mart on Sunday. They have been working 7 days a week on this project and it's coming along FAST. I'd estimate that 1/6, possibly even 1/5 of the walls are standing already. They were pushing dirt around the parking lot area like it was going out of style. There was an entire crew out there working on Sunday... that's quite expensive for a company to pay, so obviously Wal-Mart is ready to get going. They did say that once construction was to begin, it would go up rapidly. They certainly didn't lie!

I wish I knew a timeframe...

Thats my thought too. I dont know why it is still in the grid. But I will tell you this, I am watching the crew put up the walls to the Supercenter. Weather permitted, I wouldnt doubt this thing will be up and running by Valentines day. They are already hiring for this store at the other Walmarts.

That's cool. It'll be cool to have a walmart in the center of the metro, away from the trafficky Airline Dr and Youree.

Do they have plans to build another building where Dillard's was? Last I read they were going to pave it as parking for the new walmart.

I like seeing old shopping centers get new life. Personally I'd like to see Shreve City get a facelift and maybe some more greenery in its huge parking lot. The new store's definitely a step in the right direction for them

That's cool. It'll be cool to have a walmart in the center of the metro, away from the trafficky Airline Dr and Youree.

Do they have plans to build another building where Dillard's was? Last I read they were going to pave it as parking for the new walmart.

I like seeing old shopping centers get new life. Personally I'd like to see Shreve City get a facelift and maybe some more greenery in its huge parking lot. The new store's definitely a step in the right direction for them

The concrete curbing that is all throughout that parking lot needs to be ripped out, along with the covered walkways, and replaced with landscape islands lined with trees. Maximize the efficiency of the parking area by using today's standards, and maximize landscaping by applying the city's ordinances of today.

Hopefully Walmart will spur enough development there to justify upgrading Shreve City. When south youree blew up, they redeveloped that shopping center on Youree and E 70th. They did a pretty good job of it.

It's weird they used to have a store where Super 1 is at, closed it, and now are coming back to the area. I guess that site wasn't big enough to turn into a supercenter or decided it wasn't worth it at the time

Archived