LaGrange

ATLman1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is dead for right now I guess. I looked at doing apartments there when I was in real estate. I had a copy of the site plan at one time. Guess it is just a victim of the real estate collapse.

Last time that I drove by I saw they took down the Publix coming soon or it fell down. They haven't done anything with that neighborhood/pmud and that's sad.

• 2 months later...

Troup County and all three of its cities passed 'Redevelopment Powers' (aka tax increment financing) to try to attract retail development. Story here. It does seem surprising there isn't a newer-style power center there. Maybe not as big as CPC, but maybe more along the lines of a Tiger Town... I wonder why the Bradley or Woodruff companies haven't done something, since it's in their 'back yard'.

TAD's can be extremely useful tools. There are so many areas in Columbus that could be benefited by a TAD elegibility.

• 1 month later...

Just a few months after approving Redevelopment Powers (TADs), LaGrange is set to create its first TAD development with SELIG out of Atlanta. The development would be along I-85 between GA 219 and US 27. Easy access from Harris County and Alabama. Up first would be an outlet mall. Also 400 +/- apartments, a power center and offices and other retail.

Article in LaGrange News here.

LaGrange_SeligTAD.pdf

Just a few months after approving Redevelopment Powers (TADs), LaGrange is set to create its first TAD development with SELIG out of Atlanta. The development would be along I-85 between GA 219 and US 27. Easy access from Harris County and Alabama. Up first would be an outlet mall. Also 400 +/- apartments, a power center and offices and other retail.

Article in LaGrange News here.

LaGrange_SeligTAD.pdf

Great news!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope this will spur more development off of the exits along I-185.

I wouldn't expect a lot. The southeast Troup residents are as against any new development as central-north Harris residents... However, I might expect folks who are commuting to West Point & LaGrange to be able to finally sell their homes and relocate. :thumbsup:

Archived