Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bled_man

What does everyone do for a living?

I searched and didn't find a thread about this so I thought I would ask. I think it helps to get a better picture of the person posting if you know what type of work they do. So I'll start: I'm a structural engineer.

Who's next?? :shades:

I apparently can't be happy doing just one thing so I am a full-time IT Manager, part-time portrait/event photographer, and owner of this great site!

Ex-programmer... never could quite make the transition to the Web. Hated figuring out browser incompatabilities, and Java is such a crummy programming language.

Now I handle budget and productivity calculations for an uptown corp. Hey, I can't complain.... Completing Excel workbooks is easier than coding anyway, it and pays about the same. But knowing SQL and some VB gives me an edge over the pure accounting types. I still get a chuckle when someone asks me how to do something simple, like a LEFT() function in a workbook. :lol: (But that's OK, I didn't know what the paintbrush icon did when I started... heh!)

I also have 2 rentals in Charlotte, that take up about as much time as a "second part-time job" would.

Real estate/development/marketing consulting work, design work, project coordinator. One job that mixes and entails all three in addition to managing a team of 22 folks.

Also own a business on the side with partners -- residential construction.

Hello, my name is UptownLiving and I am a UP junkie :)

When I am not on here I work full time managing server software for a large global corporation.

Part time I serve on the First Ward Neighborhood Association.

Network admin for a nationwide financial institution located in this city.

And part time MBA student, and part time independent tech consultant.

A highly trained and skilled... narrow, french potato preparing technician at a branch of the extremely successful eatery, Mc Donalds.

No i'm actually a claims adjuster at Met Life.

Any architects?