Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bled_man

What does everyone do for a living?

46 posts in this topic

I searched and didn't find a thread about this so I thought I would ask. I think it helps to get a better picture of the person posting if you know what type of work they do. So I'll start: I'm a structural engineer.

Who's next?? :shades:

I apparently can't be happy doing just one thing so I am a full-time IT Manager, part-time portrait/event photographer, and owner of this great site!

Ex-programmer... never could quite make the transition to the Web. Hated figuring out browser incompatabilities, and Java is such a crummy programming language.

Now I handle budget and productivity calculations for an uptown corp. Hey, I can't complain.... Completing Excel workbooks is easier than coding anyway, it and pays about the same. But knowing SQL and some VB gives me an edge over the pure accounting types. I still get a chuckle when someone asks me how to do something simple, like a LEFT() function in a workbook. :lol: (But that's OK, I didn't know what the paintbrush icon did when I started... heh!)

I also have 2 rentals in Charlotte, that take up about as much time as a "second part-time job" would.

Project Coordinator for a Civil Engineering Firm

Part time barista

Real estate/development/marketing consulting work, design work, project coordinator. One job that mixes and entails all three in addition to managing a team of 22 folks.

Also own a business on the side with partners -- residential construction.

Investment Valuation Analyst with a low-income housing equity investor/debt lendor.

I work in marketing analytics for a large company here (and I'm on the same floor as graydog).

Retired from a large computer company.

Work part time at an elementry school in Charlotte.

Hello, my name is UptownLiving and I am a UP junkie :)

When I am not on here I work full time managing server software for a large global corporation.

Part time I serve on the First Ward Neighborhood Association.

Network admin for a nationwide financial institution located in this city.

And part time MBA student, and part time independent tech consultant.

A highly trained and skilled... narrow, french potato preparing technician at a branch of the extremely successful eatery, Mc Donalds.

No i'm actually a claims adjuster at Met Life.

Any architects?

Marketing Research. Primarily for financial services companies with a lot of online experience.

I'm a school teacher and I'm planning to go back to school myself in the next couple of semesters.

Auditor for the Asset Management Division of one of the large Banks in Charlotte.