Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grock

Election 2007

38 posts in this topic

We are less than a year away from the mayoral election. Who will run for Hartford Mayor?

We are less than a year away from the mayoral election. Who will run for Hartford Mayor?

Names? Anybody know who is going to run for mayor?

Maybe Perez won't run. Is two terms enough?

Names? Anybody know who is going to run for mayor?

Maybe Perez won't run. Is two terms enough?

Some possibilities, last names only. Sorry but it's early. If you know what I'm talking about, you just do. If not, I'll post more info later.

Motley

Mathews

Barrows

Tycoon,

I would LOVE to see John Motley run. He is a smart businessman and cares a great deal about the community. But doesn't he live in Bloomfield?

Just saw on Channel 3 that today at 11:00 am, they are going to say who is running for mayor on Face the State with Al Terzi.

Hmmm...

Mike Peters!! Wouldn't he have a great term since he wanted a STRONG MAYOR FORM of government? Mike Peters for Mayor!!

JimS

Just a question....and hopefully I don't get shot for asking the question...but is the reason everyone loves Mayor Mike so much because he really had no power, and thus could do no wrong? No don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of Mayor Mike's but, he really had no tough decisions to make because he was not given any real power, he was more of a political figure head.

I'm just saying, is it possible that everyone loves him because he never had to make any decisions that would impact Hartford in a big way? Maybe thats not true...discuss?

Just a question....and hopefully I don't get shot for asking the question...but is the reason everyone loves Mayor Mike so much because he really had no power, and thus could do no wrong? No don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of Mayor Mike's but, he really had no tough decisions to make because he was not given any real power, he was more of a political figure head.

I'm just saying, is it possible that everyone loves him because he never had to make any decisions that would impact Hartford in a big way? Maybe thats not true...discuss?

from what I saw on tv the candidates are I. Charles Matthews, Art Feldman, Minnie Gonzales, Bob Painter, Veronica Airey Wilson, and Steve Bonafonte, Frank Barrows.

from what I saw on tv the candidates are I. Charles Matthews, Art Feldman, Minnie Gonzales, Bob Painter, Veronica Airey Wilson, and Steve Bonafonte, Frank Barrows.

Bob Painter would make a solid Mayor, imho....

Democrats have been running the city for decades and decades, and have made a mess of the city. The only help Hartford has received has come from Republican governors, so maybe it is time to elect a Republican mayor.

Democrats have been running the city for decades and decades, and have made a mess of the city. The only help Hartford has received has come from Republican governors, so maybe it is time to elect a Republican mayor.

I think Dr. Bob would do very well, even though he's a republican. I truthfully think this is a very solid field of candidates. This race will be tight. The only one completely unqualified in my opinion is Minnie. Heaven help Hartford if she somehow managed to win......

I was happy to see Feltman is going to run. I wonder how strongly the religious bigots will come out against him though.