Election 2007

grock

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tycoon:

As a Republican -- I wouldn't give a DARN if he was married to 5 wives -- this is where I disagree with Republicans -- I don't care if someone is gay, a nudist, a polygamist or wants to slep with a sheep. What the person does in his bedroom is not my concern -- if he has issues I agree with I'd vote for him.

In Connecticut I was to the right of the Republican Party -- here in Florida I'm a bit to the left. :) Oh well!!

JimS

The issue isn't that he's gay. Everybody knows that Feltman is gay. Rep. Evelyn Mantilla, Eddie's mouthpiece in the legislature, was (is) a lesbian, and that was never an issue. The issues with Feltman are, can a white Southend guy get the support of Latinos and blacks, when there are Latino and black mayoral candidates? Feltman arguably didn't do the greatest job when he ran an important legislative committee a while back - will that haunt him? The mayor is a savvy and somewhat ruthless politician who has made key players around town dependent on him - can anyone beat him? The buzz now seems to be around former deputy mayor I. Charles Mathews, who is just now officially announcing his candidacy. Is Mathews the anointed Eddie-killer?

Those are the issues.

Here's today's Courant piece on Mathews:

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-ctmat...0,4647477.story

Archived