The West Edge

fridayinla

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm jealous! :) I want to get back up there so bad. It's going on 2 years now since I've been. :(

We have a few major debts we have to clean up before we try making a move, but I'm already browsing career opportunities, just incase.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT HERE... but it's hard to defend this place when the citizens just don't care to help its image.

wow youre gonna move to CHICAGO!! holy smokes! yeah I know what you mean.. the city of Birmingham can't do anything.. they wonder why there are 3 times as many people in the burbs as there are in the actual city..check this out.

The population of the city proper is 242,820 as of the 2000 census, but has declined to 229,424 according to the 2006 estimate.[1] It also serves as the primary nucleus for a sprawling urbanization known as Greater Birmingham with 1,180,206 inhabitants constituting roughly one quarter of the state of Alabama's entire population.

Sorry to hear about the frustration up in SBC Brian. You are one of the coolest people in the forums. I realize Chicago was a possibilty for yall regardless, so I understand. I just wish everybody would stay in Louisiana I guess. Don't yall have family up in Illinios?? Sometimes it's better to live closer to family.

Where the Arts are concerned, do you think Shreveport's problem is the lack of a "major" university. Those two things seem to go hand-n-hand; though I could be wrong??

Sorry to hear about the frustration up in SBC Brian. You are one of the coolest people in the forums. I realize Chicago was a possibilty for yall regardless, so I understand. I just wish everybody would stay in Louisiana I guess. Don't yall have family up in Illinios?? Sometimes it's better to live closer to family.

Where the Arts are concerned, do you think Shreveport's problem is the lack of a "major" university. Those two things seem to go hand-n-hand; though I could be wrong??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived