Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Metropolitan 8 condo in Germantown

11 posts in this topic

I believe these are actually a block or two from Germantown inbetween Garfield and Buchanan on 8th. This area is starting to come around but is still dangerously close to a pretty rough area of town. I would probably buy a condo or house in this area, I would just make sure I didnt leave anything laying around outside, watch myself to and from the car at night, and get a good alarm system. I know a guy who bout a house on 10th and he has been broke in on atleast twice. I know a break in can happen anywhere but twice in a month or two is pretty bad. This area has came a long way but still has a good ways to go.

That's a little too close to the water treatment plant for me. Not only do you have to worry about security, but the smell of poo on a hot summer day. :blink:

This area is actually a decent way from the water treatment plant which is actually continuing to improve with new facilitys being built to cut down on the bad smell.

I noticed today they demolised a house and were in the works of clearing the rest of the land. This project looks to be on the move.

This project appears dead. [?]

Um, isn't this the new development across from Werthan Lofts? Haven't driven by there lately, but they're under construction, pretty far along..

The project that you are talking about is Station Lofts.

I have not heard anything about The Metropolitan 8 project in sometime. Guess I need to do some detective work.

I think there are only about 8 to 16 units in this project. If that may have been reserved then maybe more of a 50/50 shot. Thsi is not going to be an earth shattering project, but at least another vacant lot will be filled.