Tupelo

tombarnes

Fairpark-Hilton Garden Inn and Convention Center

The new convention center and the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn are set to open at the end of this week. It is my understanding that this property will have just a bit more than the usual HGI, including a full restaurant on the premisies.

The Tupelo Daily Journal

• 3 months later...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$1.3B Toyota Plant to be Built in Tupelo

State leaders are expected to announce an $829m plant which will produce Toyota Highlanders in Tupelo. This should be a great economic engine for an area which has already shown steady growth. The announcement is expected on Tuesday. More developments to follow...

The Clarion Ledger

More on the announcement....the cost changed too....

The Clarion Ledger

good news for NE MS. what happens in the rural west AL and east MS region over the next couple of decades will be interesting; i think this region of MS is standing in good stead for the right kind (read: not rampant or out-of-character) of growth. there is existing infrastructure (tenn-tomm; hwy 78/ I-22, etc.) and the probablility that more infrastructural development will come.

i have nothing significant to add; i just want to affirm that someone reads and appreciates these types of threads. keep the news coming.

As I understand it, Wellspring is a certified, TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) Megasite - What other certified (TVA or not) megasites are there in MS? Particularly, are there any in South MS vis-a-vis the Hattiesburg and/or Gulf Coast area?

This is great for NE MS - I hope H'burg and/or the surrounding area can lure a development such as this in the near future - Any thoughts on the liklihood of that?

There are a few megasites in Mississippi I am aware of including 2 sites near Columbus, 1 near Meridian, and 1 near Como. The site in Como was in the running for the Toyota truck plant that ended up in San Antonio.

I am hearing the reason for the Tupelo site being re-added to the list of finalists for the Toyota plant to be the co-operation of Mississippi and Alabama. Alabama is in the running for a $2B+ automotive grade steel plant and Mississippi was in for the Toyota plant so they are supporting each other. Sounds like a good move to me.

There is also a megasite in Tunica. I missed that one earlier.

Congrats to the Tupelo area and I am truely proud of you guys... My hometown is Columbus, MS and you guys there are in for a real treat and some very healthy salaries. I know this cause I work for TMMAL which stands for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama. The (Huntsville engine plant) and because of you guys we are expanding again here soon. So good luck to the soon to be employees and get use to your new logo TMMMS.

:yahoo: This Toyota plant is great news! I'm so happy for Tupelo. It's always been a very pro-business city and I've always gotten the impression when visiting, that even though it's a small city, it thinks and acts like a much larger city. Way to go Tupelo! Congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

With any luck, this will pave the way for more projects and development in the area. As you say, Tupelo has come a long way lately and its forward-thinking administration should open the doors for more projects. This one really caught me by surprise too. Haley Barbour does know how to get things done.

Hey Tupelo!! This week our Arena football teams play one another, your MudCats against Our Titans. I hear those MudCats are pretty good... any of you fans of the team?

Another congrats to Tupelo on the Toyota Factory. There is absolutely no better car company in the World to have in your city. You are truly blessed. I love my Camry!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived