The modern side of Amsterdam - 52 pics

Ronald

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RONALD!!! I envy you! I wish I were there able to take those photos!!! I love that city! Can't wait to go! I guess I'll have to though! Only 8 more months to go! Keep up the good photos! I know you don't like photographing older buildings, but for Amsterdam and this topic's sake, I think that would be worth while!

I was in Amsterdam for training for three weeks a few years ago. I suspect this could be the area where our office was. It was the most modern area of the city, and really not that far from central Amsterdam.

You may be able confirm this, I hope. I remember there was a train station near by. We could see it from the window of the office I was in. One of the high speed trains to Paris pass thorough, and I also remember a Mc Donalds not far away. One day me and my classmates (from Montreal) was so tried of the cheese and ham everyday at the hotel and the typical Dutch food that was served in the cafeteria/lunch room at the office. We go so desperate we decided even Mc Donalds was sounding good so we walk to it for lunch just to have something familar to both of us north americans.

Anyway the office we were in as supposed to be modeled like we were in a ship. They built a made made lake (pond) around the building and the water level actually came up around the building at good four feet or so. We could look out the training room window and the water level was up to it like we're floating in water, it was cool.

Ronald

The building I was in was not as tall, and the windows on the 1st floor was very close to the water level of the man made lake. I believe you are correct in stating this is the area. This was back in 1997 and there was still a lot of open fields just ripe for development. Between the buidling where I was at and the elevated train passing by was nothing but open green fields. On the other side of the tracks was where the station was and and a few mid-rise buildings. If I remember correctly there was a PTT (Telephone Company) building nearby. Also the building I was at was once called ITS and Sita. Today it may have a sigh that says Equant, but who knows now days since we were bought out by French Telecomm.

Archived