Can a tornado really hit Dallas ?

jake

A few nights ago I was watching on the Weather Channel called It Could Happen Tomorrow and the on the show the topic was the possibity of an F5 tornado hitting downton Dallas. I also seen a similar show on the Discovery Channel that described how it would happen and the effects it would have. According to both of the shows the Tornado would directly thorugh downtown Dallas at Aproximately 5:00 pm during rush hour. After the tornado is over all of downtown would be destroyed and there would also billions of dollars of damage in its wake making it the most devastating disaters in the country. Im very conserned about this possibility because I have alot of reletives in Dallas. What I really want to know is can this really happen or is it just a scientific therory that has been blown out of porportion. If anyone can shed some light on this I would greatly appriciate it. :(

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few nights ago I was watching on the Weather Channel called It Could Happen Tomorrow and the on the show the topic was the possibity of an F5 tornado hitting downton Dallas. I also seen a similar show on the Discovery Channel that described how it would happen and the effects it would have. According to both of the shows the Tornado would directly thorugh downtown Dallas at Aproximately 5:00 pm during rush hour. After the tornado is over all of downtown would be destroyed and there would also billions of dollars of damage in its wake making it the most devastating disaters in the country. Im very conserned about this possibility because I have alot of reletives in Dallas. What I really want to know is can this really happen or is it just a scientific therory that has been blown out of porportion. If anyone can shed some light on this I would greatly appriciate it. :(

Its possible that a tornado hit downtown Dallas, but I think that the odds of it being a F5 striking exactly at rush hour are quite slim. davidals did have some good advice as it would be a good idea for your family to have a plan just in case such an event were to happen.

A F2 tornado did hit downtonw Fort Worth in 2000. This a link to a website with pictures of the damage.

http://www.dallassky.com/fwtornado.htm

Its possible that a tornado hit downtown Dallas, but I think that the odds of it being a F5 striking exactly at rush hour are quite slim. davidals did have some good advice as it would be a good idea for your family to have a plan just in case such an event were to happen.

A F2 tornado did hit downtonw Fort Worth in 2000. This a link to a website with pictures of the damage.

http://www.dallassky.com/fwtornado.htm

I really think they're trying to describe worst-case scenarios. And for Dallas, that's probably the worst natural disaster that's possible short of apocalypse. But to answer the title of this thread, yes, a tornado really can hit Dallas. :P

Archived