Oh the weather outside is...

jencoleslaw

they've pushed back the snow... but chances for tomorrow are 100%!!!

Monday: Periods of snow, mainly before noon. High near 38. North wind between 8 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Monday Night: A chance of flurries after 3am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Tuesday: A chance of flurries before 3pm. Partly cloudy, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 14 mph becoming south.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, they're also saying perhaps some flurries on Thursday as well.

Monday could be interesting traffic-wise as they're saying rain now followed by the flurries, which could mean snow covered ice :ph34r: ...

Chicago is an interesting city. It probably has the most photogenic skyline and some of the most interesting, urban spaces of any American city but, somehow, the whole thing never seemed to gel for me... Also, we criticize New Yorkers and Bostonians for thinking their cities are the center of the universe... Chicago residents have both of them beat on that front.

I never thought Cleveland was as bad as people said, probably because my expectations were so rock bottom low. I could certainly think of other cities I'd rather not be in (Detroit, Newark, and some others pop immediately to mind...).

- Garris

Chicago is an interesting city. It probably has the most photogenic skyline and some of the most interesting, urban spaces of any American city but, somehow, the whole thing never seemed to gel for me... Also, we criticize New Yorkers and Bostonians for thinking their cities are the center of the universe... Chicago residents have both of them beat on that front.

- Garris

i would give up all this providence luxury to have a job in Chicago in about 1 new york minute.

in other, topic related news: we're going to get a christmas tree now. Early, i know, but i'm starting to feel the holiday vibe (brought all the christmas stuff up out of storage, went to craftland, saw festival of trees, bought some beautiful holiday cards etc) and i don't want the vibe to fizzle away.

more snow in teh forecast...

Thursday Night: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

more snow in teh forecast...

Thursday Night: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

"mentioning rain?" you call your doomsday debbie downer posts every single day, sometimes several a day, about how its just rain and not snow just "mentioning"?

you're still on the naughty list until i see an actual flake. and by flake i don't mean certain UP posters who shall remain nameless but cotuit knows who i'm talkin' about.

Edited by jencoleslaw

If anyone wants to see a street whose houses are really lit up for the holidays...check out 'Christmas Lane' off Rt. 1 in N. Kingston; about a mile north of Quonset Point. Every house is decked out to the nines; even the garage doors are open and moving displays are inside. There's about 8-10 houses to see there. Obviously everyone on that street wants bragging rights to the best display, so the displays are really something to see!

If anyone wants to see a street whose houses are really lit up for the holidays...check out 'Christmas Lane' off Rt. 1 in N. Kingston; about a mile north of Quonset Point. Every house is decked out to the nines; even the garage doors are open and moving displays are inside. There's about 8-10 houses to see there. Obviously everyone on that street wants bragging rights to the best display, so the displays are really something to see!

Pardon the Scrooge moment, but I'm of the opinion that encouraging everybody in America to put more lights on and fan powered ornaments in the yard to be a waste of electricity.

There, I said it.

Now a well illuminated skyscraper... I have a hypocritical different opinion about that.

Pardon the Scrooge moment, but I'm of the opinion that encouraging everybody in America to put more lights on and fan powered ornaments in the yard to be a waste of electricity.

There, I said it.

Now a well illuminated skyscraper... I have a hypocritical different opinion about that.

WINDHAM CT-CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA- WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA- SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA- SUFFOLK MA- EASTERN NORFOLK MA-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA- WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA- SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-EASTERN HILLSBOROUGH NH- NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-WESTERN KENT RI- EASTERN KENT RI-BRISTOL RI- WASHINGTON RI-NEWPORT RI- BLOCK ISLAND RI- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PUTNAM... WILLIMANTIC...FRAMINGHAM... LOWELL... LAWRENCE...GLOUCESTER...MILFORD... WORCESTER...FOXBORO... NORWOOD... CAMBRIDGE...BOSTON...QUINCY... TAUNTON...BROCKTON... PLYMOUTH...FALL RIVER...NEW BEDFORD...MATTAPOISETT... MANCHESTER... NASHUA...FOSTER... SMITHFIELD...PROVIDENCE...WEST GREENWICH... WARWICK...BRISTOL... NARRAGANSETT...WESTERLY...NEWPORT... BLOCK ISLAND 558 PM EST SUN DEC 3 2006

...SEASON'S FIRST SNOW POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING...

LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST TONIGHT WILL TRACK WELL SOUTHEAST OF NANTUCKET MONDAY MORNING. WHILE THIS IS NOT EXPECTED TO BE A MAJOR SNOW PRODUCER FOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND...IT COULD PRODUCE A SLUSHY COATING TO LOCALLY 2 INCHES OF WET SNOW ACROSS RHODE ISLAND AND EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS...MAINLY AWAY FROM THE COAST.

MANY LOCATIONS WILL SEE LIGHT SNOW OR A RAIN AND SNOW MIX BEGIN LATE TONIGHT. AS COLDER AIR IS DRAWN INTO THE REGION...ANY RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW AROUND SUNRISE. ANY LIGHT SNOW WILL END BY LATE MONDAY MORNING. EXPECT CLEARING SKIES FOR MONDAY AFTERNOON WITH BLUSTERY CONDITIONS AS TEMPERATURES STRUGGLE TO REACH 40. WIND GUSTS COULD REACH 30 TO 35 MPH.

FARTHER INLAND...INCLUDING HARTFORD... SPRINGFIELD...WORCESTER...ORANGE AND KEENE...LITTLE IF ANY PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO FALL WITH THIS SYSTEM.

WHILE MANY HIGHWAYS AND PRIMARY ROADS SHOULD REMAIN WET...IT STILL COULD RESULT IN A SLOWER THAN NORMAL MORNING COMMUTE...ESPECIALLY SECONDARY ROADS AND EXIT/ENTRANCE RAMPS.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts?alertId=79715