New DT plan to be unveiled tonight by planning commission

smeagolsfree

From the Tennessean today.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...EWS05/611160374

From what I understand from this article, many of the issues we may want to see happen DT are being addressed here. More green roofs, dealing with surface parking, expanding the DT commercial core, more pedestrian friendly, historic preservation, etc. From the comment Tony G. made, this may be a model for the rest of the nation to follow. Looking forward to seeing the completed plan.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the Tennessean today.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...EWS05/611160374

From what I understand from this article, many of the issues we may want to see happen DT are being addressed here. More green roofs, dealing with surface parking, expanding the DT commercial core, more pedestrian friendly, historic preservation, etc. From the comment Tony G. made, this may be a model for the rest of the nation to follow. Looking forward to seeing the completed plan.

Based on what I've read about the Gulch, there won't be any 50 story Gulch Towers, as have been rumored. The docoment specifies that past 65 feet in height, buildings must be recessed one additional foot from the street for each 1 1/2 feet of verticle.

I looked for the same info they are recommending for SoBro, but couldn't seem to locate it.

could anyone with the skills and know how post a map with the old "core" outlined and what they are saying the new "core" will be in a different outline...since I'm not in nashville on a regular basis now, it's hard to imagine when they talk about the railroad tracks etc...

So, these are more guidelines than rules, right? I read through and have seen alot of "should", "encouraged to", "needs", but nothing concrete as a rule. Is there any chance that these guidelines could become ordinances?

I like almost everything stated in these articles, and they are great ideas, but the key word is "idea". Anyone could have told you before the study that these are good guidelines, but until we actually enforce them we will probably get the same old crap.

Archived