Best Real Estate Listings

brresident

I may be moving to Tampa Bay area this year. If so, I'd be looking for a small condo or small house (not very fancy). I really liked the clearwarter/largo area, but I am concerned with the ease of traveling an east/west route toward Orlando. I don't really need a garage or yard...but I do want a relatively safe neighborhood that doesn't seem so cookie cutter. (Maybe even a fixer-upper)

Does anyone know of a good area (affordable :btw 150-170K) near a beach? I have found some properties in the Riverview/Valrico area that is near where I will be working, but I want to be closer to the beach.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, what are the best real estate websites that shows pictures/address/details of the listings around Tampa? It's hard home shopping from 1000 miles away.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure of the best websites to look at. If I were you I would contact a realtor for help...I am partial to Centruy 21, but whatever/whoever you like. Hmm, 150-170K for a small house or condo in a decent area AND near a beach is going to be very tough. There are still deals to be found in that range if you look at condos and townhomes, but odds are they will be apartment conversions for the condos or cookie cutter in the case of Town homes. Most small homes (1,250-1,400 SQ ft) that are near the cities are going for around 200-250K, less for a fixer-upper, but still not far from that range. Anything near water will raise your price substantially, especially the beach. For the beach area I would look into the Apollo Beach and South Bay area of Tampa, that is a less costly area, but also much less developed.

Steve

Not sure of the best websites to look at. If I were you I would contact a realtor for help...I am partial to Centruy 21, but whatever/whoever you like. Hmm, 150-170K for a small house or condo in a decent area AND near a beach is going to be very tough. There are still deals to be found in that range if you look at condos and townhomes, but odds are they will be apartment conversions for the condos or cookie cutter in the case of Town homes. Most small homes (1,250-1,400 SQ ft) that are near the cities are going for around 200-250K, less for a fixer-upper, but still not far from that range. Anything near water will raise your price substantially, especially the beach. For the beach area I would look into the Apollo Beach and South Bay area of Tampa, that is a less costly area, but also much less developed.

Steve

Depends on the area of Apollo beach. Clean: mostly. Quite: mostly. Safe: Depends on the area. Close to stores (movie, home improvement, and restaurants): Yes, there are stores nearby, and it is really only a few minutes from the Brandon area and Valrico as well. Depending on how far from the interstate you go you could get to Brandon in as little as 15 minutes.

Good deals can be found in that whole area though. Anything in the Valrico, Brandon, or Apollo beach area will be cheaper than closer to Tampa.

Steve

26 and single....you will go crazy out in Valrico or any of the other areas mentioned which are further out. Also, you will not enjoy commuting from the St.Pete or Clearwater areas to Valrico/Riverview. Just my opinion.

I would suggest the South Tampa or Ybor area for a single person. It is however, more expensive. It is an easy drive over to Clearwater Beach. Maybe you should try renting for a few months so you can get a feel for the area.

Another area which might fit you is the Seminole Heights, Tampa Heights areas. They are old neighborhoods just North of downtown Tampa that are in transition. There are still good deals there.

smithandassociates.com is a good local realtor's website. So you know, I am not associated with them. There are plenty of nice condos in your price range.

Where are you moving from? The areas you are mentioning are extremely rural areas. Valrico/Riverview is definitely more family oriented and is growing but it is still not urban at all. Apollo Beach and Ruskin are not developed areas. And the "Beach" part of Apollo Beach is probably not what you are thinking of...... The only thing it has similar to Clearwater Beach is the "Beach" in the name. :)

Archived