New Pinnacle Project?

mcheiss

The old K-Mart building in Rogers was sold yesterday before the auction even started. An investment group apparently bought the building before the auction even started. The odd thing is that the Pinnacle Group was involved in it. I'm wondering what their intentions are with this piece of property. It's right across from Wal-Mart and along Walnut Street, which averages 40,000 cars a day. Bill Schwyhart of the Pinnacle Group was quoted as saying "This is an excellent retail location in a very high-traffic area of our city." This property has been sitting vacant ever since 2003, which makes me think that Pinnacle is planning on making this a retail project.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The old K-Mart building in Rogers was sold yesterday before the auction even started. An investment group apparently bought the building before the auction even started. The odd thing is that the Pinnacle Group was involved in it. I'm wondering what their intentions are with this piece of property. It's right across from Wal-Mart and along Walnut Street, which averages 40,000 cars a day. Bill Schwyhart of the Pinnacle Group was quoted as saying "This is an excellent retail location in a very high-traffic area of our city." This property has been sitting vacant ever since 2003, which makes me think that Pinnacle is planning on making this a retail project.

No, it's far away. This is about 2 or 3 miles from the Interstate off Walnut, across from the Wal-Mart. It's odd because this isn't in the rich part of town. Pinnacle hasn't done one project away from their safe haven off Perry Road, so this should be an interesting project.

• 4 weeks later...

This is where the proposed pinnacle project will go. There's suppose to be another smaller development in front of it, mostly class b office space/retail office. This is the old Super K across from Wal-Mart Supercenter on Walnut. I'm still not sure about what will come at this project. A home improvement store isn't needed, nor is anything big box retailish. I'm wondering if it could be a grocery store "aka Target'? Kmart didn't do half bad there. They were there for atleast 5 years. Anytime someone couldn't find something at Wal-Mart or got angry at the store, they'd simply go to Super K. Anyway, here's some pics of the site.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Archived