NORDSTROM arrives in Puerto Rico!

$200 Millon to be invested in new shopping mall.

New Century Development and the governor of Puerto Rico will lay the cornerstone for a new shopping mall to be named Plaza Internacional. It will be locates on a 26 acre lot in the municipality of Carolina. The Panamerican games village once stood on these grounds.

The anchor store for the new shopping mall shall be Nordstrom. The first on the island. Representatives of Nordstroms have visited the island in the past to scout out the best location for the new store.

Plaza Internacional will also sport a new 280 bed hotel to be located in a 14 story tower of the development.

It is currently unknown who will operate the hotel

During construction, the project will generate 3,000 construction jobs. Once completed, it will generate 2,500 permanent jobs. If I find any renders, I'll post them. If anybody has some, please feel free to post. Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Puerto Rico is full of malls and another one is comming and then people say they have no money hahahaha. Its kool to know that new stores are setting foot in the island. With the hotel in that mall that would be the third mall planning to have a hotel in its installations. not long ago Belz Factory Outlet World in Canovanas (near San Juan) said it would add a hotel to the mall plus an Amusement Park, the hotel would be a Holiday Inn n also I read that Plaza Las Americas (Biggest mall in the Caribbean), also in San Juan Metro was evaluating the possibility to add hotel rooms to the mall.

There are renders here: www.vivesanjuan.com

Plaza Las Americas is the biggest mall in a spanish speaking country and its the eight biggest in the US.

I really hope Best Buy,Circuit City,Target,etc. open stores in PR.Do you know any website I could get some info about new stores coming to PR?

$200 Millon to be invested in new shopping mall.

New Century Development and the governor of Puerto Rico will lay the cornerstone for a new shopping mall to be named Plaza Internacional. It will be locates on a 26 acre lot in the municipality of Carolina. The Panamerican games village once stood on these grounds.

The anchor store for the new shopping mall shall be Nordstrom. The first on the island. Representatives of Nordstroms have visited the island in the past to scout out the best location for the new store.

Plaza Internacional will also sport a new 280 bed hotel to be located in a 14 story tower of the development.

It is currently unknown who will operate the hotel

During construction, the project will generate 3,000 construction jobs. Once completed, it will generate 2,500 permanent jobs. If I find any renders, I'll post them. If anybody has some, please feel free to post. Thanks!

There are renders here: www.vivesanjuan.com

Plaza Las Americas is the biggest mall in a spanish speaking country and its the eight biggest in the US.

I really hope Best Buy,Circuit City,Target,etc. open stores in PR.Do you know any website I could get some info about new stores coming to PR?

I remember Eckerd..lots of them in Orlando Florida.I know Best Buy is very interested in PR and want to have at least 3 stores as soon as possible,one in or close to Plaza Las Americas,one in Plaza Carolina and one in Plaza Del Sol.Don't know what has happenned though...

I remember Eckerd..lots of them in Orlando Florida.I know Best Buy is very interested in PR and want to have at least 3 stores as soon as possible,one in or close to Plaza Las Americas,one in Plaza Carolina and one in Plaza Del Sol.Don't know what has happenned though...

Archived