Urban Retail

atlrvr

I'm starting this thread to discuss urban retail rumors/news.

I'll start the thread off with Best Buy has signed at lease at 360 Newbury St., that was occupied the Virgin Megastore. It's 45,000 square feet, so it's close to being a full-sized suburban Best Buy. Though I'm not a big fan of chains, I don't mind Best Buy too much, as they serve a very diverse population, and there aren't any indepedent electronics/appliance stores that I can think of....certainaly there impact on CD Spins and Newbury Comins will be less than Virgin.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There has been talk of Target taking a space in the new mixed-use tower proposed for the old Filenes space at Downtown Crossing.

That empty lot is rumored to be developed into a super-narrow 8-10 story condo building that will have really flashy signage. There is an older thread somewhere on UP, but it doesn't have the latest redering.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived