Memphis Tigers Basketball

Fellowmann20

Also I was looking at Ohio St's previous game with Tennessee and here are the stats. Very similar to our game but more convincing.

Points 84 85

FG Made-Attempted 30-62 (.484) 27-51 (.529)

3P Made-Attempted 16-31 (.516) 8-22 (.364)

FT Made-Attempted 8-17 (.471) 23-35 (.657)

Fouls (Tech/Flagrant) 24 (0/0) 17 (0/0)

Largest Lead 20-4

Tennessee led by 20 at one point and most people turned in to go to bed. The game was pretty much over. But in the second half, OhioSt comes out and wins it. Free throws are agian rigged. Tennessee got 17 chances and OhioSt 35. Look at field goals and 3 points. Tennessee outshot Ohio State from both areas, especially the 3.

This really makes you wonder. I just wish Xavier had fouled OhioSt when they were up by 3 and not allowed them to shoot a game tieing 3. Maybe we would have been in the Final 4 right now.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

Well another year and the Memphis Tigers keep impressing. They're now 16-0 and one of the few undefeated teams left. There #2 in the nation (they should be #1) and I think they have a good shot at the championship or at least the final four. They're really a great team, and every time I watch one of their games, all the players get some time with the ball. They are truly a talented team. Their next game is against USM (Southern Miss) tomorrow at 9:00 pm. I expect to see a comfortable win. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Memphis is going to the Final Four tomorrow. They'll be playing against UCLA at 5:00 pm. I believe with Rose, Roberts, Dorsey, Dozier, and Taggart we can win the championship and get our first title. Those big bad teams better watch out, because Memphis is in San Antonio! GO TIGERS! :w00t:

I am extremely proud of the Memphis Tigers. They played an excellent season that the fans, the city, and the state should be celebrating even in the wake of the loss of a national championship. UofM has proven it has a championship calibre basketball program, and it's probably a matter of when and not if the Tigers when a national championship in the coming years.

Archived