Downtown living

spltend

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure Velocity is sale, not rental... the flyer I have for it says 1 & 2 bedroom starting from the $160s... but there could be some rental too.

I now live in the Gulch as well. The walk to lower Broad (5th ave) where the country bars & GEC are isn't too bad. 2nd ave gets a bit far... but still not bad... I walk it now, especially since the Demonbreun bridge is re-opened... takes maybe 20 min or so. It will be even better if they put steps or something around 11th too... but from what others on here have said, that sounds like a possibility.

Living in the Gulch is pretty exciting... because of the idea of what it will be in a year or two from now, and because it's right in the middle of everything. I don't notice the construction so far (besides 2 HUGE cranes! lol)... but I will say the trains take some getting used to :)

Also... I consider the Gulch to be downtown, and I think it's officially part of downtown (from what i've read)... just on the very outskirts of it.

Awesome, I'm liking the Gulch more and more. I just hope I can find a place to buy w/o having to wait 2 years to move in.

So basically from the gulch the walk to the hockey arena is no problem, 2nd ave is a stretch, and the baseball stadium is not something you'd want to do very much?

Also, with the CC, which I know little about, but I do see that it is proposed to go right between the gulch and sobro. Is that going to make walking from the gulch to the hockey arena difficult? especially during the construction?

the walk from the gulch to the baseball stadium would not be much further than the walk to 2nd ave, really just one more block plus it will be on the south side of broadway and all the entertainment on 2nd ave is on the north side.

If the CC goes up in SoBro, it could make things more difficult during construction, but you should be able to just head down Broadway and be fine. Once it is finished, if in that location, it will hopefully create a walkable area instead of being a big box that cuts off the grid.

Pretty sure Velocity is sale, not rental... the flyer I have for it says 1 & 2 bedroom starting from the $160s... but there could be some rental too.

I now live in the Gulch as well. The walk to lower Broad (5th ave) where the country bars & GEC are isn't too bad. 2nd ave gets a bit far... but still not bad... I walk it now, especially since the Demonbreun bridge is re-opened... takes maybe 20 min or so. It will be even better if they put steps or something around 11th too... but from what others on here have said, that sounds like a possibility.

Living in the Gulch is pretty exciting... because of the idea of what it will be in a year or two from now, and because it's right in the middle of everything. I don't notice the construction so far (besides 2 HUGE cranes! lol)... but I will say the trains take some getting used to :)

Also... I consider the Gulch to be downtown, and I think it's officially part of downtown (from what i've read)... just on the very outskirts of it.

One other good thing about the gulch that hasn't been mentioned yet is the proximity to the Greyhound Bus station. Living in the gulch would allow you to basically walk over to the bus station to catch a bus to Memphis for the weekend - no hassel with parking or taxis.

Archived