Meet.

humzai

I've been not so subtly hinting and suggesting that we should have a meet for the last month or two and since that hasn't worked I've decided to make a thread. I seriously think that given that we are on a forum about Tallahasse a city we all love that we should at least take the time to meet our fellow lovers of this place. We have a 38 page restraunt thread so it's quite obvioes that we love to eat so I suggest we set a date eitehr for lunch or dinner sometime in a week or two and all go out and have a good time. I don't care if only one or two of you are willing to come we'll still have a meet.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

humzai I will meet up with you. It would be nice to meet others as well. My wife gets so sick and tired pf me always talking about new things going up in Tallahassee and always talking about how to make this place better than ever, it would be nice to talk to someone who shares my interest...lol. So I think this thread is a good one. My suggestion is to meet at a Local owned Business instead of a chain, but since I have only been in Tallahassee for 2 .5 years it would be nice if someone that has been here longer make a suggestion about were to meet and we can go from there "Hint GHOSTOFSWANEE since you seem to be the big local restaurant guy/gal". The debate about were we should meet could be fun and interesting. :D

But if I meet you and like you.....then how would I ever be able to disagree/argue w/you again on the board? Putting a face to your screen name will make me an old softy. :huh:

IMHO the restaurant should not be too noisy and not too busy so that good conversation and lingering could occur. You know some of us don't have the hearing of 20 year old. Hell when I was 20 I still couldn't hear.

I wanted to try Romano's Macaroni Grill but mracca's suggestion we have it at a locally owned place seems like a good idea. What about that country restraunt that's outside the city? I'd also prefer it's during the week as I am often away on the weekends. Perhaps mid next week?

Humzai if you want to meet at the Macaroni Grill then that's fine. You started the thread so don't let my 2 cents affect you original plans. I am always up for some good Italian food!!!!!

Your Idea about meeting during the week is great, better chance of hitting up MG when it is less busy.

Poonther - "But if I meet you and like you.....then how would I ever be able to disagree/argue w/you again on the board? Putting a face to your screen name will make me an old softy. "

You cant use that old excuse cause you already know what "TJ " the "photo guy" and "Toolman" already look like based upon our Avatars!!! LOL

We could meet up at the new Waffle House with Hang overs on Apalachee Parkway!!! JJ

My fear would be that MG will be CRAZY busy since it will be brand new and it will be the holiday shopping season. Remember you'll probably need to get a bigger table and those are even harder to come by when it's busy. If you guys decide to remain at MG, I'd go on an off-day and even more important at an off time.

Remember eating out during the holiday shopping time is even crowded and crazy on a weeknight.

Archived