USC's $200 million Athletic Facilities Plan

Spartan

USC unvieled a $200 million athletic facilities master plan on Friday. This plan is awesome to say the least. It addresses many of the problems with our athletic facilities. It discusses everything except the Coliseum.

Plan Highlights

• $11.4 million, 35,000-square-foot academic enrichment center

• North end-zone expansion at Williams-Brice, adding 6,000 to 8,000 seats. Cost: up to $50 mil-lion. Plus, $4 million renovation of the locker room, training area under the west stands

• Pedestrian walkway that leads fans into an “Athletic Horseshoe,” featuring brick columns, wrought-iron fencing and plenty of new buildings.

• New indoor tennis and volley-ball facilities

This is huge news for the Roost, which needs a facelift badly.

Article

PDF {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} USC Master Plan (10mb)

PDF {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Football facilities plan(1mb)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plans for the "athletic horseshoe" are nice. But, the football stadium is slightly disappointing. The stadium still has that "I was thrown together at the last minute" look that lots of buildings on campus have ie Humanities, Gambrell, BA. When I originally heard about the plan, I was hoping for more of a brick look, or more of the look like the new buildings on campus have...

Oh well

I agree super pope, I was expecting a bit more for WB. I was also dissapointed that the Coliseum was not included in the plan, but maybe this will aloow for it to be developed into something better than just athletic offices. Since I'm usually a big dreamer...one time for a new stadium :rofl: okay I was joking...but if they bricked up a good bit of the outside I think it would look alot better...i mean look at FSU's :blush: ahh the wonders of brick. maybe not that much brick but something to give it some substance, and something to hide those ramps... :sick: overall I'm glad they are moving to higher hieghts!

The rendering of the stadium is only a visualization, not what it will actually look like. One of the best things about the $73 million being spent on the stadium is the parking right around the stadium will be replaced by landscaping and the ugly farmers market across the street will be turned into a parklike tailgating and parking area. I can't wait.

The rendering of the stadium is only a visualization, not what it will actually look like. One of the best things about the $73 million being spent on the stadium is the parking right around the stadium will be replaced by landscaping and the ugly farmers market across the street will be turned into a parklike tailgating and parking area. I can't wait.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived