Selwyn Farms Area

cyrusuncc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to change subjects, but Summit on Park site is now a pile of ruble. They certainly made quick work of those buildings.

(corner of Park rd. and Marsh rd.)

Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the update Mo! Do we know if construction is to begin immediately after demo ??

A2

• 4 weeks later...

Oh lord, that looks terrible? And they want to charge $400/sf for that? I'd much rather buy into the Parkwood Knoll place than to even consider buying anything of this sort. This building just reminds me of a jazzed up apartment complex if that is really what Crescent plans to do there. That just doesn't look like a Crescent sort of project, with their money and intricate designs. Just wow!

Also, directly across the street from there, I believe on Park Rd. and Marsh Rd, there is an old, run-down house with about an acre of land. Looks like it's going to be rezoned for MUDD (Mixed-Use Density). Perhaps, more condos there? Wow, if that's the case, we will have basically 3 corners of condos. The BellaVita, the Parkwood Knoll, and whatever this zoning will become. Very interesting to see what is happening to this area, but I can see why developers are building up here. It's basically the ONLY way to put more units on such small pieces of land that cost roughly $1mil/acre. That's just about the same price as to what Uptown Charlotte is commanding. Maybe because it's so close to SouthPark mall, Dilworth, Myers Park, and Uptown and also basically a straight shot to CMC that many developers are banking on doctors and medical professionals to buy into these places. They just might get what they want...time will tell. Simply amazing!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

parkwood knoll. i'm indifferent to this one... not too bad for where it is... it looks like it's mostly EFIS but, i think it might actually be brick. i didn't get a great look.

pk1.jpg

pk2.jpg

this is a terrible photo... but notice how each balcony patio has a built in fire place. not that big of a deal but, a nice touch - something i would appreciate.

pk3.jpg

I can be the first to tell you that the construction is all brick. This project took about 2 years to complete. I can't question the worksmanship and materials used on this project, as it turned out fine. I remember going inside the complex and not being able to use my cell because the concrete used blocked the signal off...that's how good the separation between each unit is. It's almost as if you are enclosed in a brick/concrete wall.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we should expand this thread to be Selwyn Farms, Sedgefiled, Collins Park, Madison Park???

Anyway, here is a new mixed-use development that is up for a rezoning across Park Rd. from Park Road Shopping Center called Drexel Place (corner of Park and Drexel)

25 residential units over retial/office. Like the concept/scale for the area, don't like the architecture.

post-1289-1186065836_thumb.jpg

EDIT....for some reason the rendering was stretched as I manipulated it, so it's not quite as drawn out/wide looking.

Maybe we should expand this thread to be Selwyn Farms, Sedgefiled, Collins Park, Madison Park???

Anyway, here is a new mixed-use development that is up for a rezoning across Park Rd. from Park Road Shopping Center called Drexel Place (corner of Park and Drexel)

25 residential units over retial/office. Like the concept/scale for the area, don't like the architecture.

post-1289-1186065836_thumb.jpg

EDIT....for some reason the rendering was stretched as I manipulated it, so it's not quite as drawn out/wide looking.

The area around the windows looks like stucco and in between maybe wood or is it just a darker color stucco? Hard to tell.

Some renderings of Bella Vita at the corner of Park and Marsh where the Summit on Park apartments were.

I wonder how accurate these are....it seems like it is going to take a lot of grading to bring that hill there down to the same elevation as Park.

Besides being pretty ugly, this thing is WAY out of scale for that area.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Oh my. I will feel like I am in Naples,FL visiting my sister every time I go by there. I agree that the building is out of scale but on the bright side that stretch of Park right now has no discernable identity or character and this will certainly serve as a landmark if the rendering proves accurate.

I think this is a rather elegant building. While it might be out of place, I think Park Road is going the way of midrises more and more.

Midrises, for sure. At least there will be a mix of architecture, I just can't figure out where this overall feel fits in. It is sort of Ballantyne-resortish, and I can't figure out how that fits into the region either. I won't say that I really care, just more curious. I guess I'm hoping that our heritage isn't completely left out of new projects and the flavor-of-the-day style found in national magazines takes over. Sort of that faux-elegance thing.

Kitchens for example: their design changes contantly for what is in and this seems, to me, similar. Faux French this year, Tuscany next. Back to Arts & Crafts, now Chicago style. At least when they go out of style they are easy to change. This type of Florida or whatever style seems to be popping up in the 'burbs and Southpark, now creeping towards downtown...

I think it looks more like a hotel than a condo residence. I do like the Parkwood Knoll building, so maybe this too will grow on me once it is built.

Archived