Southeast Lightrail Open for Business

Front_Range_Guy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome! It's nice to see a city with a rapid transit plan moving forward. If I recall, I-25 and Dry Creek is just north of the Park Meadows Mall and County Line Road is right at the mall, correct? I know they said the other corridors are priority, but it sure would be nice to see this Southeast Corridor extend all the way down to Castle Rock some day. :thumbsup:

That's awesome! It's nice to see a city with a rapid transit plan moving forward. If I recall, I-25 and Dry Creek is just north of the Park Meadows Mall and County Line Road is right at the mall, correct? I know they said the other corridors are priority, but it sure would be nice to see this Southeast Corridor extend all the way down to Castle Rock some day. :thumbsup:

I think the lightrail will probably extend to Castle Rock, but if I remember correctly... Castle Rock residents voted against joining the RTD district, so they aren't paying taxes for it... so I doubt it's a priority.

There's 15 to 20 miles from Lincoln station to Castle Rock and another 40 from Castle Rock to Colorado Springs, so light rail will never run between the two cities. Passenger rail of some sort might some day, there is an organized effort and an impact study is planned soon... but I'd say were decades from that happening.

I think the lightrail will probably extend to Castle Rock, but if I remember correctly... Castle Rock residents voted against joining the RTD district, so they aren't paying taxes for it... so I doubt it's a priority.

There's 15 to 20 miles from Lincoln station to Castle Rock and another 40 from Castle Rock to Colorado Springs, so light rail will never run between the two cities. Passenger rail of some sort might some day, there is an organized effort and an impact study is planned soon... but I'd say were decades from that happening.

You haven't moved yet RT? LOL

I don't know... I had thought about moving to Castle Rock or Denver's southern suburbs and commuting to my job in Colorado Springs, but it occured to me... if I'm going to bother to go that far, I might as well just move to Denver and find a new job. I get the impression you're not looking to move in to Downtown Denver like I am, but you might as well move closer to the city or into the city if you're going to go as far north as Castle Rock. It's only a little further and offers a much better lifestyle. (In my opinion, of course)

Archived